• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The wife and I just went to see it and both enjoyed it thoroughly! Neither of us are Star Wars Geeks per se but when episode 4 came out I sat out on the end of a pier in Key West staring at the stars hoping "they" would come and take me. We both thought they did a good job tying it all together as far as Rey, Kylo, Rey's powers etc. Definitely looking forward to seeing it again!

Last edited:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I am a Star Wars nerd and I have had little desire to see this film. I may go or I may wait for it to hit Prime.

I am happy to hear you liked it,you are the first positive review I have read.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am a Star Wars nerd and I have had little desire to see this film. I may go or I may wait for it to hit Prime.

I am happy to hear you liked it,you are the first positive review I have read.

From my understanding this episode plays as fan service to OG fans. I feel like I'm been fooled enough, but I can't help it, I gotta go see it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I saw the 1st one when it was released. I was hooked. Now it is over and we (12 year old G-daughter) and I have to do the Imax for the full experience regardless. We are going as soon as I can reserve our favorite seats.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I've read quite a few reviews and while the naysayers had problems with plot, everyone of them said it is a visually stunning movie. That says I'll go see it just for the visuals, if nothing else.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I've read quite a few reviews and while the naysayers had problems with plot, everyone of them said it is a visually stunning movie. That says I'll go see it just for the visuals, if nothing else.

Most of the naysayers problems with the plot come from the newest films completely ignoring alot of the expanded universe that. Covers the same timeline. It was once seen as being pretty much starwars cannon and now is being thrown out the window. If you're a diehard fan and followed alot of the expanded universe material it makes it harder to enjoy watching the Disney made movies.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I hope Disney was able to do something positive with this film. So far, all they've managed to accomplish was pay four billion for something rare and treasured, then proceed to suck the life out of it. It's been like watching Disney slowly choke a panda for four years.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If you watch it thru a microscope you'll probably hate it as there are familiar elements from all 3 original films which I think would be difficult to avoid given they are trying to wrap up a story 40 years in the making. Just remember that George's original vision was a space western and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was optimistic about The Force Awakens, but was disappointed with plot inconsistencies, and deviations from established mechanics. Wasn’t thrilled with Ray as a Mary Sue.

I was optimistic about Ryan Johnson directing the next one. But I was even more disappointed. The mini-plot with Fin and Rose was completely unnecessary. Plus, I got the feeling that Johnson was just giving the middle finger to SW fans.

I’m pretty optimistic with this film because it has a low score on Rotten Tomatoes. Lower than the prequels! And that’s just irrational. I kinda think that means the dainty bleeding heart reviewers were deeply offended. So maybe there’s hope.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    So I saw the movie last night. I enjoyed it. I thought the story was good, the acting was fantastic, the visuals were awesome. I liked the Force Awakens, the Last Jedi had issues. This movie was a good ending to the series.

There was a point in the movie that made me think of the Gun Rights fight in Virginia, not overtly, but subtly. There were a few points where I was disappointed, but in thinking about it, it was the way things had to go.

Overall I enjoyed the film.

jndturner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    We went last night and I was happy with how everything was pulled together. I’m not a huge SW nerd but have seen all of the movies when they were released. I was happy with how they paid homage to the original in a few places. Overall it was entertaining and had great effects.
    I feel like they left it open for further movies with the new trio. I would imagine Disney will go back to the well if they make enough on this one. I feel like they are sucking the life out of the franchise though. I remember the excitement of “A New Hope” followed by several years of waiting until “The Empire Strikes Back”. I think the wait between films made it seem more exciting, while today we have a new movie every year.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Most of the naysayers problems with the plot come from the newest films completely ignoring alot of the expanded universe that. Covers the same timeline. It was once seen as being pretty much starwars cannon and now is being thrown out the window. If you're a diehard fan and followed alot of the expanded universe material it makes it harder to enjoy watching the Disney made movies.

Well said. I'm a huge Star Wars geek and had read almost all of the expanded universe books. The decisions made in these new Disney movies has been atrociously bad to my mind. Add in some of the SJW/Progressive messages and it's been hard to watch. I was supposed to go Sunday with a group of friends but I've opted out. Not sure if I'm going to spend my money to go see it, or wait for it to come out on Redbox to be honest... :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Never got into the expanded universe so I'm looking at it purely from the cinematic presentations. I still haven't figured out what OG is yet?:dunno:

^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^

I grew up deep into Sci-Fi. The thing I enjoy about this series is the expansion of the special effects from start to now. I occasionally watch the 1st one just to remember how much I was amazed at the effects only to see that now as fun to watch. As computer graphics advanced the experience rose with them.

In the trailers I saw the Falcon crashed and burning. That to me marks the end and means some old movie friends have met their ends as well.
    I am going just to experience this on the Imax with my 12 year old G-daughter. With the Marvel/DC/Star wars series this is our thing. Time we share. I hope to continue this with her for as long as I can.

Entertainment. Pure and simple. 4+ decades of entertainment.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Redbox? Is that really still a thing?

Yep. While newer release movies are still $5.99 on streaming services, I can grab a blu-ray off Redbox for less than $2.50 including tax. It's not as popular since the content providers have been crapping all over them, but it's still a better option IMO than paying more than double for the same movie for the "convenience" of streaming it. I wish streaming would get to a more competitive price point. If it ever does I bet that will be the death of Redbox.

Oh, one bad thing I'll say about Redbox, they redesigned their website a couple years ago and it sucks a big donkey d**k now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. While newer release movies are still $5.99 on streaming services, I can grab a blu-ray off Redbox for less than $2.50 including tax. It's not as popular since the content providers have been crapping all over them, but it's still a better option IMO than paying more than double for the same movie for the "convenience" of streaming it. I wish streaming would get to a more competitive price point. If it ever does I bet that will be the death of Redbox.

Oh, one bad thing I'll say about Redbox, they redesigned their website a couple years ago and it sucks a big donkey d**k now.

We wait on some for Pay-per view or the DVD availability for the collection. Having a smoking surround system and a decent flat screen is most cool.
    But here is the thing......some films require to be seen 1st at the theater. They just do. It is becoming stupid expensive no argument. If I take the 12 year old it is a $100 dollar afternoon after we do lunch, tickets (reserve Imax) and the concession stand your wallet takes a serious hit. But even at that price it is priceless time spent with child.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    We wait on some for Pay-per view or the DVD availability for the collection. Having a smoking surround system and a decent flat screen is most cool.
    But here is the thing......some films require to be seen 1st at the theater. They just do. It is becoming stupid expensive no argument. If I take the 12 year old it is a $100 dollar afternoon after we do lunch, tickets (reserve Imax) and the concession stand your wallet takes a serious hit. But even at that price it is priceless time spent with child.

Agreed. I've always felt the same way. There are some movies that are best seen on the big screen in all their glory. The first two movies fell into that category for me, but I'm disappointed enough in the first two Disney versions that I'm not sure I want to spend money like that on the third. I may wait until it hits the Cinemark. Then again, I may not... :dunno: At this point I'm undecided, but I definitely won't see it this weekend and maybe not next weekend either.

Top Bottom