• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I am sure everyone is very well aware how close we are to Christmas at this point. I would make a humble request to you all: reach out to family this year at holiday time. Especially, family you have not talked to in a long while perhaps even those you don't want to speak to. Give them another chance, forgive them for their minor trespasses if necessary family is the most important thing this time of year. And if you don't have a lot of family, reach out to close friends or even make attempts to forge new ones. Our quality of life is tied directly to our close and valued relationships.

'Tis the Season.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I plan on spending time with my wife's family (not her parents) on Christmas day, and my family next weekend. They are all my family. My wife's parents can FATWO. If I never speak to them again it will be too soon.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I haven't seen my biological father in over 20 years. He left my mom, cleared out the bank accounts and took all my college money. He even skipped his own dad's funeral to avoid having to see me. He can eat a big old bag of d*cks this Christmas.

Needless to say I won't be reaching out to him.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hosting the spouses people on Christmas. They are a stellar group. Love them all. Learned so much about caring for others from them being in my life.

My people…………….I tried.

Merry Christmas to all.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Reached out to the family to invite them to tomorrow nite's candlelit CE service. Both of my kids are in the play. Invited the inlaws. Grandma and grandpa on her side will be there even tho they are 45 minutes away. Even though we have fought to get to as many events our neice and nephews have performed in (all events requiring us to pay to watch), their parents waved off tomorrow's (free) performance so they could go watch a f***ing star wars movie instead of THEIR niece and nephew. Cant be bothered to come watch my kids perform for free. I'll leave it at that. :xmad:

My mom, who needs to be at her own service soon after ours 30 minutes away, who doesnt like driving on the freeway,or after dark, struggled to make it work. I so want to write a very brutal missive against my inlaws, but I'll leave my thoughts to your imagination. The struggle to forgive is real.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We’re meeting the inlaws on neutral ground. It mostly works out. They’re as progressive as you’d expect bubbled ideologues to be but conversations are usually civil.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I struggled through a family get together today. Only really have a problem with the niece. At the end, I hugged them all and told them I loved them, and did so honestly (even with the niece). I do love her - she's family. But I don't like her at all.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I struggled through a family get together today. Only really have a problem with the niece. At the end, I hugged them all and told them I loved them, and did so honestly (even with the niece). I do love her - she's family. But I don't like her at all.

I'm with you. Wifes parents and I see eye to eye on most. Were at her parents today and the niece was driving me nuts. She's a freshman at IU. Has always been liberal like her parents. If she had referenced "effing captialism" one more time, I was going to have to **** off the wife and start an argument. I'm really hoping it was just her tendency to like to be edgy and say shocking things. But attending a rather liberal bastion like IU, I'm not sure she isnt slipping into the abyss that is hard core (clueless) liberalism.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm with you. Wifes parents and I see eye to eye on most. Were at her parents today and the niece was driving me nuts. She's a freshman at IU. Has always been liberal like her parents. If she had referenced "effing captialism" one more time, I was going to have to **** off the wife and start an argument. I'm really hoping it was just her tendency to like to be edgy and say shocking things. But attending a rather liberal bastion like IU, I'm not sure she isnt slipping into the abyss that is hard core (clueless) liberalism.

Here’s a way of starting off that conversation. :):

Maybe ask her how critically has she thought about it? Has she considered that she could be full of ****?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Here’s a way of starting off that conversation. :):

Maybe ask her how critically has she thought about it? Has she considered that she could be full of ****?

I'm hoping it was just a drive by shock comment. She is known for saying over the top things as shock humor. She never got into it in detail. Just made an offhand comment and kept going. Never dwelled on it. The first time I did say "Watch it! All this around you wouldnt have been possible without it." (presents, literal feast covering almost every kitchen surface, etc) She just kept going without missing a beat. Not sure if she knew she was full of :poop:, didnt know how to actually engage and defend her position, or if she ignored it because she just knew it was just for the shock value.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm hoping it was just a drive by shock comment. She is known for saying over the top things as shock humor. She never got into it in detail. Just made an offhand comment and kept going. Never dwelled on it. The first time I did say "Watch it! All this around you wouldnt have been possible without it." (presents, literal feast covering almost every kitchen surface, etc) She just kept going without missing a beat. Not sure if she knew she was full of :poop:, didnt know how to actually engage and defend her position, or if she ignored it because she just knew it was just for the shock value.
    There’s a progressive at work who kinda does that. Just little SJW “truth-bomb” comments designed to drop on the “ignorant” knuckle draggers to try to blow their minds. I don’t get the feeling he’s trying to start a conversation about it. So maybe it’s about shock value too.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As I said elsewhere, I think it’s important to talk to family and friends about political differences if there’s a suitable environment to have a civil discussion where you’re both trying to help each other understand your perspective. My inlaws live out west in a bubble. They don’t know anyone who voted for Trump besides us. The only Republicans they even know are chamber-o-commerce type R’s who are TDS anti-trump. They think they’re moderates, and inside their own bubble they are. They listen to NPR and watch CNN. They have stereotypical views about people on the right. So the only exposure they have to alternative points of view is once or twice a year when we visit.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yeah, what a mess.

I was at family thing yesterday. Another (Bernie bumper sticker on car,) family member mentioned how they didn't think that it had ever been this warm at xmas. I just smiled and didn't take the bait. :n00b:

I sent my brother and sister a selfie of me outside in shorts and a t-shirt today, thanking them for the global warming. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, what a mess.

I was at family thing yesterday. Another (Bernie bumper sticker on car,) family member mentioned how they didn't think that it had ever been this warm at xmas. I just smiled and didn't take the bait. :n00b:

I sent my brother and sister a selfie of me outside in shorts and a t-shirt today, thanking them for the global warming. :)
    Don't remember the exact year, but it has indeed been warmer than this on Christmas. And it was in the late 1800's IIRC. Yet, somehow, miraculously, we're still here. It's almost as if, oh I don't know... the earth goes through warming and cooling cycles or something. Crazy ain't it? ;)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

The situation with my niece doesn't have anything to do with politics. Wish it were that simple. Has more to do with drug abuse, abuse of my sister (her mother), stealing from my sister, having 3 kids and not raising any of them (2 of the great nephews were there yesterday. One was adopted my my middle sister and BIL, the oldest lived with his abusive father for awhile and now is on his own (and gay, btw) and the third was adopted by another family). Yeah, political differences would be a breath of fresh air in that little corner of the family.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Don't remember the exact year, but it has indeed been warmer than this on Christmas. And it was in the late 1800's IIRC. Yet, somehow, miraculously, we're still here. It's almost as if, oh I don't know... the earth goes through warming and cooling cycles or something. Crazy ain't it? ;)
    It was also nearly this warm in the 1980s too. WTHR I think put up a graphic showing about 5 or 6 years going back to the 1800s.

Top Bottom