• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    https://www.chronicleonline.com/new...cle_95400372-e8e7-5d24-90b5-c2d9972e1127.html

[FONT=&amp]WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — The murder trial of a former Florida sheriff's deputy charged with killing his son-in-law was declared a mistrial after a juror looked at his cellphone during closing arguments.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]...
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Defense attorney Michael Salnick asked for the mistrial, telling the Post the juror had already been admonished for sleeping during testimony. No alternates remained to replace him. Prosecutors declined comment. The trial had lasted six days.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp][/FONT]

I'll bet the judge did not thank him for his service.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Every trial I've done since the cell-phone era, juror's cell phones are left at home, in their cars, or placed in a basket in the jury room while court is in session and the bailiff controls access.

This seems pretty simple.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Every trial I've done since the cell-phone era, juror's cell phones are left at home, in their cars, or placed in a basket in the jury room while court is in session and the bailiff controls access.

This seems pretty simple.

When I was a juror earlier this year in federal court in the southern district of Indiana, we were instructed to leave cell phones in the juror room...but nobody checked to confirm that

Top Bottom