• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have ordered a Christmas package that I didn't realize was being sent from Shenzhen China. While I prefer to buy locally I don't have a problem with Chinese goods as most of what we buy comes from elsewhere now anyways.

So I decided to take a look at the city where my gift would be coming from and dropped in on this:

https://www.google.com/maps/@22.523...0-ya107.588585-ro-0-fo100!7i8704!8i4352?hl=en

It struck me as so universal and so sweet. A father and young son spending a brief moment together enjoying the view of the little pond. It is elegant in its simplicity.

To my thinking this is what Christmas is about, loved ones sharing time together. And yet, it doesn't have to be a special holiday for us all to just take a moment together and enjoy the view.

Regards,

Doug

PS - Merry Christmas to all.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nice picture Doug. I think so many times we think of "China" or "Russia" or (insert the name of "enemy" country here), and think of them as being monoliths of evil, and forget that the individual people are NOT necessarily the country with which we have our disagreements. Some things are universal at the individual level.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I got to spend a week there several years ago. It is a huge city. The new, modern part is pretty impressive. The industrial part was...industrial. Their beer was pretty good.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I take my grandson to a park in Noblesville. When we were walking back from the river on the path, he reached up, grabbed my hand and stated "Baba, walking through the forest with you makes me happy" He's not quite 4. Yep, best present ever.

Bob

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Hmm,

Novel thoughts, I will take it under advisement to consider consider Communist human.

BTW
    Taught since I was since 17 to hate Communist and kill them on sight by your government.
    My grandson is two he says “paw paw” and I listen.

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah. Here is this guy, halfway around the world from me, sharing a "dad" moment with his son. Not doing anything, just enjoying the shared experience of the little pond.

That could be his wife in the picture that is blurred out, or just some girl who stopped for a moment.

It shows me that people are people all the world over. The good ones do the best they can with what they have to give their kids the most that they can. I think I can see the dad smiling, while JR is just looking about.

The smile at this moment tells me that is a good father who can truly appreciate a moment like that.

Regards,

Doug

PS - My package finally arrived in Louisville an hour ago. I hope it makes it here by tonight...:rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No grandsons but 9 G-Daughters. I am wrapped around so many little fingers it is amazing I am still able to move under my own power.

Yes that is very moving regardless of the setting/culture/politics.

For at least 1 day we need to set hate aside. If we can.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    No grandsons but 9 G-Daughters. I am wrapped around so many little fingers it is amazing I am still able to move under my own power.

Yes that is very moving regardless of the setting/culture/politics.

For at least 1 day we need to set hate aside. If we can.

Bound by chains made of gold!! Lucky man.

My granddaughter does the same to me.

Don

Top Bottom