• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    How come I don't see this anymore? The black ISP with a gold accent looked cool. Also, how come IMPD doesn't have any black patrol cars? Who gets to decide what colors the agency gets? Don't care for SUVs but we could use some cool black patrol cars.

Ill and OH have the worst looking state police cars IMO.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The agency decides what the cars look like. My agency’s cars look like they do because it’s super cheap, and when marking 800+ cars, that’s definitely a factor. Same for ISP.

Black cars crash more often than light color cars. Been there done that, and we went back to white after merely a year with dark gray.

Speedway has some really good looking black Chargers IMHO.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    We always had white cars because they were easier to sell. White cars are easier to keep clean, or at least looking clean. If I didn't have time to wash it, I would just wipe off the dust with a towel and spray the tires with Armor All or something.

Personally, I love the black and white cars. Elkhart PD has them. The cars are actually all black, the doors are vinyl wrapped in white. Two tone cars are harder to sell when they're retired from service.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The agency decides what the cars look like. My agency’s cars look like they do because it’s super cheap, and when marking 800+ cars, that’s definitely a factor. Same for ISP.

Black cars crash more often than light color cars. Been there done that, and we went back to white after merely a year with dark gray.

Speedway has some really good looking black Chargers IMHO.

While I think you are on point with the cost issues and I can't dispute if dark cars crash more...I see plenty of white cars trashed lol. The fact is with the dark grey cars (all the '07s) people high up on the food chains (IPD & MCSD) wanted a color that would make the "new" department stand out. Now, they knew throughout the whole merger process in 06 that that color grey wouldn't be offered by Ford after '07. But that was one of those 'we'll cross that brisge when we get there situations and the no brainer option was go back to white cars. Kinda like the smokey the bear hats and taxi cab driver hats. Lots of goat roping in that whole deal

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    ISP black with gold stripe is a serious throwback. They've been running white cars since I've been driving, but I saw a pic of a (maybe) late-40s ISP ride with those colors.

Black and White. I remember ADAM-12, Police cars should be black and white. Mooresville and Greenwood both sport black and white, Muncie does too IIRC.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I love bland-and-whites, a cool, old school west coast look. Brownsburg has a really neat black-and-white - a black vehicle with white vinyl door wraps but the the effect fades from black to white. I think it's pretty sharp.

All that being said, I sure do miss my unmarked black Impala and CVPI. Oh, and I hate the new Taurus Interceptors.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I love bland-and-whites, a cool, old school west coast look. Brownsburg has a really neat black-and-white - a black vehicle with white vinyl door wraps but the the effect fades from black to white. I think it's pretty sharp.

All that being said, I sure do miss my unmarked black Impala and CVPI. Oh, and I hate the new Taurus Interceptors.

Brownsburg PD's cruisers are really sharp. I gotta think that's not what you would call a cheap paint job, good to here those are wraps. I don't pay taxes there but still...

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    I always thought the red B4C Camaros looked good. Even when the officer driving one tried to goad me into a speed contest in my Z28 1LE. I made the universal hands joined at wrist gesture while shaking my head "No".

MH

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Walkerton has a couple of black ones with silver lettering , thay don't look to bad. We also have a couple all white with black lettering

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not sure if any departments apply this logic, but several studies have shown that white cars are are perceived by the public as friendlier than dark colored cars.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    ISP black with gold stripe is a serious throwback. They've been running white cars since I've been driving, but I saw a pic of a (maybe) late-40s ISP ride with those colors.

Black and White. I remember ADAM-12, Police cars should be black and white. Mooresville and Greenwood both sport black and white, Muncie does too IIRC.

21 Years ago when ISP brought back the black cruiser......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuonN45_lbo

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Franklins latest batch are silver with blue logos. The even stepped up and added a RAM or two to the mix. The K9 officers are rolling Durango’s, so apparently the local Dodge dealer worked a deal for their fleet business.

Top Bottom