Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Just one happy gunner happygunner's Avatar

User Info Menu

Black IN LEO patrol cars

How come I don't see this anymore? The black ISP with a gold accent looked cool. Also, how come IMPD doesn't have any black patrol cars? Who gets to decide what colors the agency gets? Don't care for SUVs but we could use some cool black patrol cars.

Ill and OH have the worst looking state police cars IMO.

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

The agency decides what the cars look like. My agency’s cars look like they do because it’s super cheap, and when marking 800+ cars, that’s definitely a factor. Same for ISP.

Black cars crash more often than light color cars. Been there done that, and we went back to white after merely a year with dark gray.

Speedway has some really good looking black Chargers IMHO.
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Just one happy gunner happygunner's Avatar

User Info Menu

I figured there were some effect in crashes/safety. But still, black cars just looks cooler.

User Info Menu

I like the UK police cars. Nothing subtle or lo-viz about them.

E9467C7C-951D-4F10-8E73-4F6AD7BD1A58.jpeg

User Info Menu

I think every agency should be black and white Ford PPV’s so we can all see the Disco Pandas!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by happygunner View Post
    I figured there were some effect in crashes/safety. But still, black cars just looks cooler.
    Yeah, black vehicles look cool... until about 5 minutes after you leave the car wash. I'll never own a black vehicle again.

User Info Menu

Kokomo’s new chargers are black and whites
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    Kokomo’s new chargers are black and whites
    Baby Disco Pandas!

User Info Menu

We always had white cars because they were easier to sell. White cars are easier to keep clean, or at least looking clean. If I didn't have time to wash it, I would just wipe off the dust with a towel and spray the tires with Armor All or something.

Personally, I love the black and white cars. Elkhart PD has them. The cars are actually all black, the doors are vinyl wrapped in white. Two tone cars are harder to sell when they're retired from service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    The agency decides what the cars look like. My agency’s cars look like they do because it’s super cheap, and when marking 800+ cars, that’s definitely a factor. Same for ISP.

Black cars crash more often than light color cars. Been there done that, and we went back to white after merely a year with dark gray.

Speedway has some really good looking black Chargers IMHO.
    While I think you are on point with the cost issues and I can't dispute if dark cars crash more...I see plenty of white cars trashed lol. The fact is with the dark grey cars (all the '07s) people high up on the food chains (IPD & MCSD) wanted a color that would make the "new" department stand out. Now, they knew throughout the whole merger process in 06 that that color grey wouldn't be offered by Ford after '07. But that was one of those 'we'll cross that brisge when we get there situations and the no brainer option was go back to white cars. Kinda like the smokey the bear hats and taxi cab driver hats. Lots of goat roping in that whole deal

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast