• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So our home has been Graced with the Presence of my MIL a certified Man Hater and a far Superior Female. At Dinner she was Bashing Trump his every thing he has done and going on with her Democratic Talking points, going on about how trade deal has Hurt farmers etc. I told my wife to ask her how the trade deals is hurting Farmers, Well it just is, Next tell me something Trump has done to make you hate him so Much.. Well I just feel... He is an ***hole. Finally I asked my wife to ask her ah what are you doing with the $23k a quarter that you are making off your inherited stocks? Are you donating that "Dirty Money" to Charity... No That is MY MONEY!

So after I had enough What is Trump was a Woman? Would you still have such Hatred for Him? Would you still consider him to be a Pig? Wow low and behld she does not have to answer that. God Help its going to be a long visit.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    We don't really want to go there.

vqhwnOH.jpg

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    She'd shut up or go home at my house.

This.

Ill be respectful of your beliefs in your home. You’ll do the same in mine. I try to avoid discussing politics at family gatherings. It’s family time. But if they won’t stfu she can feel free to talk to her daughter on the phone instead.

Id be sure to put a Trump blanket on your guest bed, trump pillow covers, maybe a trump poster hanging up, etc. If she must stay, and insists on talking anti trump, make it as enjoyable for yourself as possible. Have fun with it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will discuss about anything with anybody in my home. But if it goes the way the OP describes I will tone it down by whatever means needed. I was lucky enough to marry into a family of Republicans. Save for the gun issue I had with them early on (and with good reason) it has been pretty smooth. I have won them over to gun ownership as they have seen society slid towards the brink.

Now the 1 SIL and her dip :poop: husband are kind of fun to banter with. Lefty talking points sounds bites etc. Nothing solid just dribble. Easily enough shut down.

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I will discuss about anything with anybody in my home. But if it goes the way the OP describes I will tone it down by whatever means needed. I was lucky enough to marry into a family of Republicans. Save for the gun issue I had with them early on (and with good reason) it has been pretty smooth. I have won them over to gun ownership as they have seen society slid towards the brink.

Now the 1 SIL and her dip :poop: husband are kind of fun to banter with. Lefty talking points sounds bites etc. Nothing solid just dibble. Easily enough shut down.

Yeah when told I do not care about how you feel about him, I want statements of fact as to what he has done to hurt our country.

I love my wife so I try to be tolerant. This is one of the few times when I do not feel I have a disability, quite the contrary. Even so I spend a lot of time outside, and trying not to lose my cool.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    This.

Ill be respectful of your beliefs in your home. You’ll do the same in mine. I try to avoid discussing politics at family gatherings. It’s family time. But if they won’t stfu she can feel free to talk to her daughter on the phone instead.

Id be sure to put a Trump blanket on your guest bed, trump pillow covers, maybe a trump poster hanging up, etc. If she must stay, and insists on talking anti trump, make it as enjoyable for yourself as possible. Have fun with it.

My son has a Trump flag on the Family Farm truck, she just can not handle seeing it. She has a Disrespectful habit of moving things around in the kitchen where she thinks they should be. Fine two can play that game, so I moved her packets of hot chocolate. She was pissed. I just signed WOW they must have been moved. Which only made her madder. She has never made an effort to learn to sign so I refuse to write things down.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My son has a Trump flag on the Family Farm truck, she just can not handle seeing it. She has a Disrespectful habit of moving things around in the kitchen where she thinks they should be. Fine two can play that game, so I moved her packets of hot chocolate. She was pissed. I just signed WOW they must have been moved. Which only made her madder. She has never made an effort to learn to sign so I refuse to write things down.

Does the wife realize how painful this is to you.

I would mess with her constantly. But I am funny like that.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Does the wife realize how painful this is to you.

I would mess with her constantly. But I am funny like that.

I think she knows, I try to keep it in check. The thing that frost my mug is that the MIL does as she damn well pleases in our home. She treats my wife very differently than my SIL. We have been married going on 20 years now and MIL has been a piece of work from day one. Yeah I have my faults, one of them being I hate it when I have no control over something.

We lost two Does, this week, one had a miscarriage with twins, and the other just started falling over. I sat out there with the one for over two hours trying to help, but ultimately I really could do nothing more then be there. To her that was just stupid, and she was quick to convey her unsolicited opinion.

So for now I am praying for the strength to be a good husband and father, and tolerant.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Your MiL sound like my mom on the trump issue, but my mom's not as bad.
    Everyone else in the family lean right.
    My brother and aunt (moms older sister) and I get her going some times just for the fun of it.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My MIL isn’t welcome at my house. In fact, now that we have moved, my wife has strict instructions not to tell her where we live. If she were to show up, the cops would be called. Over 20 years of her bull****, I finally decided it wasn’t worth the drama. Life is so much better now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My parents were lever pulling lefty Dems. That entire side (Dad) were union democrat's and Moms people were pretty close. Both sides were fairly racist in nature. Dads was seriously so. When "O"bummer was elected I had some spirited fun with those morons. Then he won again and they refused to talk about it. Hilarious.

I wish Mom and Dad were still alive to see this whole Trump thing. Man that would be priceless.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I’m lucky. Me and my wife’s family are trump supporters and all gun owners. Her brother lives in Colorado and owns guns. I’m not sure how I would feel having someone bashing trump in my home. Keep it out of my house, lady.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My parents were lever pulling lefty Dems. That entire side (Dad) were union democrat's and Moms people were pretty close. Both sides were fairly racist in nature. Dads was seriously so. When "O"bummer was elected I had some spirited fun with those morons. Then he won again and they refused to talk about it. Hilarious.

I wish Mom and Dad were still alive to see this whole Trump thing. Man that would be priceless.

Sounds like my mom on the Obummer part

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds like my mom on the Obummer part

My Dad and his people were deeply entrenched in a well known hate group that was and is mainly democrat's. When their side put "O" center stage they all melted into the carpet. But those morons still pulled the party lever. Mushed brained stooges.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My Dad and his people were deeply entrenched in a well known hate group that was and is mainly democrat's. When their side put "O" center stage they all melted into the carpet. But those morons still pulled the party lever. Mushed brained stooges.

Yeah, mom's not that bad. both times Obama ran mom refused to vote. Although she refused to vote between Hillary and trump too

Top Bottom