• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Well, Trump passed the 3am call/Benghazi test. The US embassy has been attacked by Iranian-backed Hezbolla militia forces in Baghdad. The outer wall was breached, but stopped there. 100 marines have been flown in to help defend the place. The State Department said that all embassy personnel were safe and that no evacuation was planned.

US embassy in Baghdad was attacked by pro-Tehran mob

[video=youtube_share;yYQ8owJXAg8]https://youtu.be/yYQ8owJXAg8[/video]

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Glad DT stepped up. Called or motivated the resources. Hillary did a xxxx job and got people killed dragging her heels.
    Hell, i would volunteer to go.... just furnish enough ammo, comms, and support when called! (maybe a Seal/Sniper or 4, Delta, or Force Recon)

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Trump will be the bad guy somehow. Just wait.

If we're lucky; "Hundreds of Iraqi Militia Gunned Down in Cold Blood While Attempting to Visit US Embassy in Iraq" or "Trump Calls News Reports of Peaceful Protesters Being Gunned Down "Fake News"". or my favorite "Don't Take an AK to a Ma Deuce Fight".

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    01p7mxp.jpg

source

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is one of the most highly protected areas in the world. The level of whoop ass anyone truly "breaching" this area would receive would reach epic proportions.
    This was a dustup. Each side wants it to seem bigger than it is. By sides. They're pretty much on the same side
    Im meaning the media and the terrorists.

I think one of the bigger questions that needs asked and looked into is why our iraqi "allies" operating checkpoint security just allowed these poor innocent protestors to waltz right in?
    Maybe it offered the current oppressive iraqi regime a distraction from them persecuting their own people for over a year. The current iraqi government is about the same as Saddam was

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    "If I were president, I definitely would have let things play out," she said. "Sending American troops to protect American lives seems a little hasty. What if you need to get a little shut-eye or recharge in your lizard person spawning chamber for a few hours?"

ALMOST had me. The trouble is. . . .I can see her saying that for real!:rolleyes:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Trump followed the standard protocol by sending in additional marines to secure the building and protect personnel. DoS will also send in assets to protect its diplomatic staff. These are basic.
    Trump showed good leadership just doing this but where he excelled imo is by sending in additional Army assets which will basicly do the job the iraqis failed to do and not let any other breaches occur to the outer perimeter of that area. Also i suspect some convoy security and other basics.
    That was a smart move. You have a country (iran) working actively to undermine U.S. relations with Iraq. This is not small potatoes. This requires bold responses for a public show of force. That base had plenty of assets already in it to defend the embassy. That wasnt what this was about. He sent a clear message. Dont **** with us. Bravo Mr. President.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Trump followed the standard protocol by sending in additional marines to secure the building and protect personnel. DoS will also send in assets to protect its diplomatic staff. These are basic.
    Trump showed good leadership just doing this but where he excelled imo is by sending in additional Army assets which will basicly do the job the iraqis failed to do and not let any other breaches occur to the outer perimeter of that area. Also i suspect some convoy security and other basics.
    That was a smart move. You have a country (iran) working actively to undermine U.S. relations with Iraq. This is not small potatoes. This requires bold responses for a public show of force. That base had plenty of assets already in it to defend the embassy. That wasnt what this was about. He sent a clear message. Dont **** with us. Bravo Mr. President.

.... and maybe just a little jab at hillary while he does it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

It's almost like the military has people who develop plans based on specific scenarios, theaters of operation, forces, and equipment. Oh wait, they're called planners! (Flashing back to the pre-positioned War Reserve Materiel at K-2 AB, ROK)

Shows of force: we have many big sticks, sometimes you have to remind people of that fact.

Top Bottom