• ...and so much more!
  • rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    The rider survived thanks to his airbag suit....broken back but lived. The driver of the car immediately plead guilty and will serve 16 months.
    Really glad to hear that the rider survived. Kind of hard to fight when your own dash cams show what you did. I've watched it a few of times and cringe every time.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Ride like everyone is out to kill you, I had several close calls on my bike. I have friends that push the bike to the limit, as I tell them, it's not your ability that will get you killed, it's the other guy's lack of ability.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Ride like everyone is out to kill you, I had several close calls on my bike. I have friends that push the bike to the limit, as I tell them, it's not your ability that will get you killed, it's the other guy's lack of ability.

Or his inability to pay attention to the task at hand.

Regarding the title of the thread, he'd have been lucky if the truck had missed him.

To quote the Hee Haw gang, "If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all!"

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Yep, always have to know where you will go when the idiots try to kill you.

Notice the biker froze on the brakes, nearly going over the bars before hitting the little car, dead center. He didn't even attempt to evade. There appeared to be places the rider could have gone to miss the car trying to kill him.

If the corner was truly blind, the rider should have approached slower. If the corner was not blind, the rider should have been looking ahead through it to see the dumbass in the WRX approaching.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The rear-facing camera footage was graphic enough.
    Lucky to be alive for sure, but that's a whole lot of hurt to go along with the "luck".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    'Lucky' is in the eye of the beholder. If he was truly lucky, he would have been +1/-1 minutes up/down the road. Pretty horrifying, though

Top Bottom