• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Havent heard anything from our friend Rhino for a few weeks now, just not like him to dissapear like that. Even tried a PM a few days ago and nothing. Jim.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    He and I don't live close so I don't see him that much but still consider him a great friend. Met him years ago shooting IDPA before he had to give up IDPA because of a shoulder problem. We spent many days on the range and he is always a treat to shoot with. We normally stay in touch here by PM but don't know and am hoping he is well. Jim.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Rhino is doing OK. Just really busy. He gave me permission to copy and paste this text to INGO:

“Hi, Cary! I'm doing well, but I'm so busy I don't have time for ingo or tv. The temp job at the warehouse in Plainfield is 2nd shift plus overtime and I'm still not adjusting well to accommodating that and my part time job, plus the two classes I'm taking. And I was sick and missed an entire week of work/pay the week of New Year's day. Still hunting a "permanent" full time job too. Sleep is a precious commodity now, but you can relate since you have to wrangle twins!”

I’m sure we’ll see him back here when things settle down.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hi, all!

Thank you all very much for the concern and for caring! I apologize for dropping out with no explanation, but I did not intend for it to happen. I got very busy with the job I had and missed a few days, which turned into a few more, and eventually INGO was no longer on my "things to do today" list. I humbly apologize to the family and community and I shall endeavor to avoid such inconsiderate behavior in the future.

As an update, I learned on 01/16 that my project was de-funded, the contract was cancelled four months early, and my last night on the job was 01/18/2020. The upside is that my schedule is more flexible now since I only have my part time job and one class I am taking. The downside is that the first significant income I had since 11/02/2018 is gone and I'm back to job seeking.

From the Rhino Irony Department, I decided to be ambitious and take two classes this semester. During the first week of classes, I realized that with working 2nd shift plus overtime, plus my part time thing, plus two classes, I wasn't going to function well. So on 01/15/2020, I dropped the second class. That was one day before I was informed my primary job was toast. IRONY!

Anyway, it's unlikely that I'll be spending much time here in the near future. I am going to devote most of my attention to actively seeking a job. I shall return when I am able!

Happy New Year!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Hi, all!

Thank you all very much for the concern and for caring! I apologize for dropping out with no explanation, but I did not intend for it to happen. I got very busy with the job I had and missed a few days, which turned into a few more, and eventually INGO was no longer on my "things to do today" list. I humbly apologize to the family and community and I shall endeavor to avoid such inconsiderate behavior in the future.

As an update, I learned on 01/16 that my project was de-funded, the contract was cancelled four months early, and my last night on the job was 01/18/2020. The upside is that my schedule is more flexible now since I only have my part time job and one class I am taking. The downside is that the first significant income I had since 11/02/2018 is gone and I'm back to job seeking.

From the Rhino Irony Department, I decided to be ambitious and take two classes this semester. During the first week of classes, I realized that with working 2nd shift plus overtime, plus my part time thing, plus two classes, I wasn't going to function well. So on 01/15/2020, I dropped the second class. That was one day before I was informed my primary job was toast. IRONY!

Anyway, it's unlikely that I'll be spending much time here in the near future. I am going to devote most of my attention to actively seeking a job. I shall return when I am able!

Happy New Year!

Good luck Rhino! We're all pulling for you

Top Bottom