Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    I use a Solofil burr grinder. I was told only use burr grinders instead of blade grinders?
    Here to learn.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I feel like their coffee is overpriced. Trader Joe's sells their own brand of coffee (whole bean) for around $5 and it is very good. Is this at least to some extent non-special tacti-cool coffee? I don't see the appeal.
    "How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?!?!"

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CallSign Snafu View Post
    I feel like their coffee is overpriced. Trader Joe's sells their own brand of coffee (whole bean) for around $5 and it is very good. Is this at least to some extent non-special tacti-cool coffee? I don't see the appeal.
    Have you actually drank any of it.

Nothing Tacticool about but they are a veteran owned operated outfit that hires veterans and supports veterens causes. That crap aaint chep so yeah I will pay a bit more for it and smile while I grind the beans.

If you do not see this then I got nothing.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

The BRCC stuff that I've tasted is what I would consider above average for pre-ground. Mostly, it's about supporting a good company that does good things and getting a pretty good cup of coffee out of the mix.

ChurchMouse, Burr grinders typically have ceramic plates with teeth called "burrs" in them designed to crush the bean which is more uniform and therefore a better tasting cup. I think there are metal ones, but the true snobs believe metal imparts an unpleasant flavor to them bean. (I have no idea if this is true, I've only ever used ceramic and it seems a little silly to me) If you use a blade grinder (The cheap electric one from wal-mart) It won't be as uniform of a grind and your coffee will be inconsistent. This doesn't matter as much in a Mr. Coffee or a Bunn, since you aren't controlling for water temperature etc. Of all the methods I've tried (chemex, pour overs, percolators, coffee pots, french press) the french press is far and away from the others in consistency and ease of use and most importantly flavor.

If you want the truly great experience you need a burr grinder with ceramic plates and a french press. Keep in mind you'll want a relatively coarse grind with a french press as the filtration is a steel mesh.
    If you want a quick run down of french press usage I can type one up, or you can check out Alton Brown's videos which I'm sure are on youtube somewhere.
    45 acp takes a life, 10mm takes a soul. GOA & FPC Member.

Resident Dumbass II GLOCKMAN23C's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Another Question.

Who grinds their own beans. What kind of Grinder do you use and where did you get it.
    I do. I use a Mr. Coffee burr grinder. Available wherever small appliances are sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Get outta my damn yard.......
    Quote Originally Posted by db1959 View Post
    The wind likes to blow my balls around.
    I will not give, not one more inch. No more compromise. From my cold dead hands.

GOA Member

One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. --Thomas Jefferson

A HAM with a radio, and nothing to say.

User Info Menu

Yes, pricey, but all things considered, Iíll gladly pay.

Itís not like I go through tons of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VulpesForge View Post
    I'm a bit of a coffee snob, (like single origin etheopian light roast from particular elevations) but I use a cheap burr grinder on amazon with ceramic plates and a french press. I'll try to find it, but I bought it years ago.
    If I'm grinding regular stuff for guests, I use the $7 grinder from walmart.
    Witness the duality of man.

Quick edit, I looked and don't see it. I also paid maybe $10 for it and things have gone nuts since then. You can probably find a reasonable quality hand grinder For $20 or so if you look in the right places.
    Have you tried this? It's from a local Indiana company in Lafayette. I like this blend and occasionally pick up a 2 pound bag at their stand alone coffee shop up there.

https://www.coppermooncoffee.com/col...ucts/ethiopian
    Last edited by HKUSP; 3 Weeks Ago at 19:22.
    Warning! Driver carries MORE than $20 in ammunition.

User Info Menu

And Trader Joeís is a communist SJW ****hole? Why is it every INGO thread about a product has a Cheap Charlie drop in and tell us what for about price? Walmart and Folgers is that way>>>>>>>>>>

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Yes, pricey, but all things considered, Iíll gladly pay.

Itís not like I go through tons of it.
    I drink a 12 cup pot a day. My really good coffee addiction is substantial. I go through +/- a pound of beans a week.

I'm afraid to try BRC for fear I might like it more than mine.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    And Trader Joeís is a communist SJW ****hole? Why is it every INGO thread about a product has a Cheap Charlie drop in and tell us what for about price? Walmart and Folgers is that way>>>>>>>>>>
    It is how some folks think. Buy a serious hand gun. Then buy the absolute most God awful dirty crap ammo to run in it.

But we all are who we are.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast