• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    We got a Honeywell 'stat that works with smart home stuff (Alexa) and is WiFi compatible and it's nice, but has an annoying issue. It reboots often. I have noticed that it appears to reboot when it reaches a set temperature, but I think it does it other times as well. I would like to figure out why this happens so I can make it not happen. I have searched the web for answers without any luck. The furnace is gas and is ~4 years old if that matters. The 'stat is model #[h=1]RTH9585WF1004[/h]

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure one of the resident HVAC experts will chime in soon but i see two possibilities. The thermostat is defective or the furnace is tripping a limit switch and shutting down power to everything.

Is it the 8000 or 9000/IAQ series or the lyric series thermostat? The former is far better at being a thermostat, the later at looking pretty and competing with nest/ecobee.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    filter gets replaced every 6 weeks, I have an amazon subscription for that. I am going to try and look for a code on the board here in a bit when I get home.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    filter gets replaced every 6 weeks, I have an amazon subscription for that. I am going to try and look for a code on the board here in a bit when I get home.

If you need some help with this let me know.
    There are ways to check the limit. Not sure brand of furnace.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ok, I also have a thermostat questions as we purchased a new to us home with a much more involved ac/furnace system than we had in the old house. So I'm going to hijack this thread a bit and ask here if that it ok.

I believe the thermostat is a Trane XL824: http://www.nexiahome.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/xl824-user-guide.pdf And there is an app that controls it as well, etc.

I see a few settings in the app that I have questions about.
    Including:

• Heating Humidify Set Point (you can set it to various %)
    • Cooling Dehumidify Set Point (you can set to various %)
    • Air Cleaner mode (Auto, Quick, or Allergy)

I don't see these really explained in the manual or the app help.

I "think" that the Heating Humidify Set Point is a low point at which if the humidity in the house gets to that level that the heater will turn on (even if it is not being turned on by temp setting) to help humidify the house to that % ?

I "think" that the Colling Dehumidify Set Point is similar in that if the humidity % hits this high point, then the AC will turn on (again even if not being triggered by temp) to try and dehumidify things?

Not sure what Air Cleaner mode is as there is a separate setting to tell it to keep the fan on, or auto, circulate, and I'm not aware that the therm has some kind of air quality sensor, etc.

Apologies for the questions, but I've looked a bit and just can't seem to find great info, and I don't want to have things set in conflicting ways on this thing.

Apologies for the thread hijack as well, but I know INGO will have the answers.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Ok, the problem has started again. The board on the unit is flashing a code, which is three quick blinks followed by three long blinks. According to the Bryant manual that came with it, it is a limit switch fault. The filter is brand new, all the vents are open..... I don’t know what could be causing it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom