Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 307 of 503 FirstFirst ... 207 257 297 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 317 357 407 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 5030

Thread: Coronavirus

User Info Menu

Jedi,
    That's totally a joke. Going to freak out some bedwetters with it on FB. I full repped him!
    Quick to judge,Quick to anger,Slow to understand Ignorance and prejudice And fear walk hand in hand

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    I must not be the typical KFC patron (and please do not step through the obvious door I opened), as apparently people must lick other people's fingers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatin Since 87 View Post
    Their chicken is so good if someone isnít gonna luck their fingers you cant let it go to waste.

Kidding. Iím not a fan of KFC honestly. Popeyes is where itís at
    No, Church's is better. Bojangles is a low sodium copy, I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Yeah this kind of bluster and bravado is the stuff that drives me nuts about Trump because it's just not helpful or necessary.

I would hope his doctors have already privately tested him just to be safe. I would hope the same of any president.

If anything it would be helpful politically if he announced he was being tested or that he actually had it. Then we would get to see the deluge of the #resist crowd openly wishing for his death. (If one wished to politicize the virus.)

My mom can't stand Trump and she told me at least three of her friends openly wished Trump would contract COVID-19. She admitted that she was disgusted by that and called it an eye-opener.
    I unfriended somebody last night. She was making a big stink about him not getting tested. So this is the rest of the conversation:

"look at it this way, if he catches it, you wont have to deal with him as a prez anymore.
    (heart emoji)
    So you are literally OK with wishing him dead just so you dont have to deal with him as your prez?
    (double shrug)

**unfriend**

I dont want that kind of person in my circle. I didnt like Obama but I never wished death on the man. (that would be too quick)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound View Post
    Interesting. Definitely apples and oranges. One is a Ferrari and one is a plywood skateboard.
    Hey, if I NEEDED to get from point A to point B and my life literally depended on it, I'd take a skateboard. (or fish antibiotics, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post
    Its definitely different now. Once they closed the schools the panic seemed to set in. I stopped at Meijer in Portage after work. No hamburger, chicken, bread, tp, disinfectants, and canned goods, sauces, rice and pastas were picked through. Almost no cereal available either. Very little for milk and eggs.

Glad I am prepared as this media induced panic is now full fledged in the area
    My neighbors apparently are above pork. No ground meat at all. No chicken. Still plenty of "the other white meat" when I was shopping at 6P. And no, there is not a large Jewish presence in Camby.

But the ones who like sausage are morons. All out of tubes of sage sausage. But tons of 1lb packages of formed sausage burger patties. Just chop them up with your spatula.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Jedi,
    That's totally a joke. Going to freak out some bedwetters with it on FB. I full repped him!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Anyone drinking cow pee yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    Food for though.
    If say tomorrow the .govs found a vaccine for c-virus.
    Would you get it?
    That's a hard no. Glad I'm no longer active duty .mil...
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Perhaps I should have worded that differently. There are not enough vents in the USA to deal with a major respiratory pandemic event. It is not at all unusual for hospitals to hit 100 percent vent usage during flu season and have to rent additional vents if they are available. There are enough vents to cover normal treatment of patients just that the usage rate can be extremely high and even surpass 100% during normal flu season if you consider outside rentals.
    I hope we never find out if we have enough on hand or not.
    NRA - Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alabasterjar View Post
    Must be a local thing. Angola Menards is business as usual.
    Angola? You're in prison in Louisiana?!!!!
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© SeŮor Mouse)

User Info Menu

I am pretty sure you are using respirator as a synonym for ventilator.

Without writing a book the vent breathes for the patient with an inspiratory and expiratory phase. It is connected to a virtually unlimited supply of medical air and Oxygen. The vent is also equipped with many safety features and backup power. I cant speak to actually treating a patient with one as I am not a Respiratory Therapist. Setting one up correctly for a patient is somewhat complicated. In an emergency I suppose a lot of the features could be eliminated or reduced but that would take some serious research
    Good explaination. I will add that in an emergency, basic support would just require basic inspratory and expiratory phases, measured volumes and supplemental oxygen as needed. I have no clue what specifically the virus is doing at the cellular level of the lung, but I have seen the term ARDS (adult respiratory distress syndrome) pop up a few times. I want to make sure I preface my statement that all I have read claim this is rare and most people never get to the ventilator (respirator) need. That said, if it evolved to ARDS, that presents a problem and individuals who are already compromised would make the situation that much worse. Inspriratory to expriatory time (I:E ratios), percent oxygen, inspiratory pressures, pressure support, air flows and more need to be monitored and changes made based on each individual basis. Not everyone responds the same.

That is a very basic example of why I stated earlier that even if we had enough equipment, is it the right equipment (not all vents can be usaed to treat ARDS), where would we use it and do we have the manpower to manage that kind of volume. There are a lot of RT's that would love to come out of retirement, but not under those circumstances.

I certainly pray we never have to find out.
    NRA - Life

User Info Menu

We had three positives from a known contact they were close with. All subsequent tests have been negative but more waiting for results
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    Angola? You're in prison in Louisiana?!!!!
    Thatís not the surprising thing. They have a Menards!
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nra4ever View Post
    FYI this was posted on Facebook.

A member of the Beech Grove Moose has tested positive for the Covid-19 virus, this from a family member. She is on life support. If you have been in contact with Birdie at the Moose in the past 2-3 weeks you are encouraged to self quarantine and watch for symptoms. She was also at Nite Owls on Feb 29th and March 1st. Pray for Birdie Roberta Shelton and everyone else.
    This should be on the news if true. Nothing so far.

Deserves got nothing to do with it...