Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 447 of 503 FirstFirst ... 347 397 437 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 457 497 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 5030

Thread: Coronavirus

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smokingman View Post
    Please watch this.Maybe it will help you prepare.

That is very sobering. This thing isn't a hoax. I have a better than average chance of coming down with it because of my job. I also have means to check SPO2 levels at home and administer oxygen if necessary. That's about it though. My affairs are in order if it comes to that. God be with us.
    Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I don't need an obsession in my life right now on top of everything else. It's not healthy.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    While I appreciate the info that has been posted here by everyone, I'm about ready to just quit looking. It's info overload, with some (maybe) facts and some (maybe) fiction. I'm getting to the point where I just don't care anymore. Just ready to shut down the flow of information to my head.
    Nothing wrong at all with taking a break. We all need them. Relax, think about other things and remember to enjoy life.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Not sure I would even call it a study. It was statistical, when they looked at the metadata on either fatalities or serious cases (I forget which) type A bloodtype was represented in the victims 6 to 8% more than its prevalence in the population
    Very many research studies are done using historical data. They are not called clinical trials but they are still studies nonetheless. And statistics is an integral part of almost all research.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    While I appreciate the info that has been posted here by everyone, I'm about ready to just quit looking. It's info overload, with some (maybe) facts and some (maybe) fiction. I'm getting to the point where I just don't care anymore. Just ready to shut down the flow of information to my head.
    Agreed.

I listened to Glenn Beck today and I was ready to look for a rope and wobbly chair.

On the bright side , he did have on a Dr. who is one of many looking for a answer. His findings were one of the ones Trump had mentioned today. The Dr. said they have had 100% success.
    Last edited by Super Bee; 03-19-2020 at 20:23.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggidy View Post
    Info overload for certain. Add to that those with TDS and spread untruths or confusing truths. Everyone is so busy fighting the virus, who is truly sifting through the info to determine what is real and what is fake. We certainly cannot trust news media. At this stage, I must place my trust in Trump and his team and not CNN, New York Times and such to "clarify" anything.

I am so tired of the constand barrage of depressing news about what some claim should have been done but wasn't, about this should have been done, who leaked this report and our insiders say they know abiout that report..........hogwash. Nothing is good about any of it. SO, as a result, I will listen to Trump and his team for my info.

Searching all over the internet for new news, alternativre news, conflicting news is NOT healthy.........IMHO.
    That would be great if they gave facts. Give today as a prime example. The study both he and the CDC quoted was fake. I posted a link to wired magazine article about it 2 times today. The supposed author denies having any part in the study. I am all for limiting your information intake,and trying to step back a bit. That said reliable information is tough to come by. I am counting on studies to make most of my choices not someone else's opinion of what is happening.

I tried the step back thing. It did not work for me personally. I thrive on information and knowledge. It is something I can not do without for long. My 5+ month hike last year,being out of the loop so to speak was a huge adjustment for me(that showers and toilets where missed the most).

I will continue to provide what information I can.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound View Post
    That is very sobering. This thing isn't a hoax. I have a better than average chance of coming down with it because of my job. I also have means to check SPO2 levels at home and administer oxygen if necessary. That's about it though. My affairs are in order if it comes to that. God be with us.
    To see what you said.

Yes I have been trying to say that for 2+ months now. It is not the flu.
    Be safe,be well,you are loved.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    I already “social distance”, so I’m NOT letting anyone impede me “for the common good”. IF you are within my “social distance” bubble, we are fighting or ****ing. Shutting down a GLOBAL economy to save a couple hundred to a couple of thousand is STUPID. AGAIN, IWILL NOT comply.
    Not trying to pick a fight with you at all, I'm wired the same way as far as independently deciding what is best for me, not letting any level of govt do it. But we are already at 203 in the US and we're not even started yet.

User Info Menu

I am looking to disconnect from all this over the weekend and try to relax. Maybe it will work and maybe it won't but I will try. It can be too much to absorb at times.
    Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

User Info Menu

Angry

We’ve got families and business owners wondering how they’re going to get through this, how they’re going to make ends meet, and then we hear things like this… all against the backdrop of how the government is going to save us by handing out checks. If this is what it appears to be, this is sickening!

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...private-137407