Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 50 of 503 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 150 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

User Info Menu

This is a bit of good news, and a reminder to not take things on the internet at face value...

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...eak-mushrooms/

The Chinese businesswoman who spread the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) to four colleagues in Germany while reportedly experiencing no symptoms of the infection actually did have symptoms, according to a news report in Science.The woman’s case, published January 30 in The New England Journal of Medicine, was considered the most clearly documented evidence that the novel viral infection could spread silently from asymptomatic people. Public health experts have been particularly anxious about such transmission because it could potentially ease disease spread and negate outbreak control efforts, including screening travelers for symptoms, such as fever.

“The fact that asymptomatic persons are potential sources of 2019-nCoV infection may warrant a reassessment of transmission dynamics of the current outbreak,” the authors of the NEJM article concluded.
    But that conclusion now appears to be based on false information. And, while the new information on these specific cases doesn’t rule out the possibility that asymptomatic spread has occurred or is occurring in other cases, it could help ratchet down fears that asymptomatic spread is driving the now mushrooming outbreak.

According to the new report in Science, the businesswoman’s 2019-nCoV infection symptoms went unrecognized because they were mild, masked by over-the-counter medications, and—most notably—the authors of the NEJM article didn’t speak with her before the article was published.
    Opinions may vary, , it is the internets.

User Info Menu

Deserves got nothing to do with it...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    I wonder what the ANTI-VAXXER crowd is thinking about this?

Potential Vaccine Breakthrough for Novel Corona Virus LINK => https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/02/0...quawk-box.html
    I thought they said that the corona virus mutates so that vaccines wouldn’t be that effective.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Your confusion is understandable. The "breakthrough" is a looonng way from being tested and approved. There are actually multiple treatments out there that have made early claims. It will still be a year before there is a real solution. In the meantime, a lot of money will be thrown at them and a lot of human guinea pigs will be subjected to questionable treatments by the Chicoms.
    If you love anti-American riots, thank our universities.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post
    I think I'll pass. I know that much. They create diseases/viruses, then wanna sell you a cure all. Always follow the money, because that's all its about
    I don't think they need to create a virus/disease to fight.
    Mother Nature does that on her own.
    Una salus victis nullam sperare salute.
    The only hope for the doomed, is no hope at all
    Virgil

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast;
    for I intend to go in harm's way.
    John Paul Jones

A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.
    Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Expert

User Info Menu

Wisconsin has begun rationing....

load up now while u can.

https://www.wisn.com/article/stores-...masks/30785023

Expert

User Info Menu

The Chinese are now executing the infected.

I hope this is not the case.

https://youtu.be/ydmpWLjtHG8

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Don't worry. It' not. That was some of the worst fake video I've ever seen. No one reacting to multiple shots???

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    I thought they said that the corona virus mutates so that vaccines wouldn’t be that effective.
    They feared that it could potentially mutate too rapidly to develop vaccines.

They have not yet found that to be true.

They also reported that the disease can be transmitted by patients that are pre-symptomatic. That has been found to be untrue.

There is much that is unknown. There is some that is known and you need to filter through the medical journals, financial reports, government reports, etc and filter out 90% of the mainstream media as that is reporting 24 to 96 hours old information, often parroting only 1 source that may not be anything more than an opinion.

Page 50 of 503 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 150 ... LastLast