Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 67 of 107 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

User Info Menu

I've been asked help train agencies for planning and evaluating existing programs to deal with a pandemic.

They are reaching out to safety professionals to assist as needed. Waiting for the company I work for to confirm if they want me to do this. I might be on loan for a while and will remain in Indiana. Anyone else get the call? I'll find out next week what the expectations will be. After that I'll make the decision.
    "I know of you"

User Info Menu

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0011721

We are talking about a country where almost 184-1,223 deaths per 100,000 population die of pneumonia every year.They have not asked for this kind of help,ever.
    To put it another way. 2.5 million-16.9 million die of pneumonia every year in China.
    I will even put it in a simpler way.
    On an average day in China 6,849-46,575 die per day of pneumonia on an average DAY in China.Every day

If every "confirmed" case died over a period of 2 days...it would be higher than the average pneumonia deaths,but not by much.

Why mention this? Because if you think 1100 deaths over two months is even remotely what is actually happening you need a wake up call.
    China would not crush its own economy,shut down cities,ask for world wide help even if 20,000,30,000,even 46,000 thousand where dying per day.
    Even if 7000 died per day of pneumonia it would be the lowest possible average for China since 1985.

Point being.At this point trust nothing you are being told.

User Info Menu

It's Heee-eeere !

The 15th COVID-19 case confirmed yesterday in the US,
    https://www.businessinsider.com/wuha...Science_select

and apparently in Singapore it is spreading (they are in summer now, which could imply that cold-weather temps may help to inactivate the virus). Singapore employers are being encouraged to allow their employees to not report to work. They note that transmission is more like the H1N1 (influenza virus) than the SARS virus. This Singapore news video is only 9 minutes long. I think Singapore is trying to warn the rest of the world with these government official press releases. They have had a large cluster of cases related to a CHURCH, and other smaller clusters from business/medical/social venues. Total of 67 patients.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPgv65WW9XI

So... Do you have enough facial tissues and T.P. and soap to supply your family through at least two, 14-day self-quarantines? Water for all that hand-washing?
    (I'm considering that when the first member gets it, then household goes into "supportive care" quarantine, then if 2nd member becomes symptomatic at say 13 days later, now your 14-day "care" quarantine just started over).
    Quote Originally Posted by HICKMAN View Post
    we've done this once before and the lady in the group kicked our butts!
    "Freedom... is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again."
    ---Ronald Reagan, 1967

User Info Menu

HealthCare workers, this is why you need eye protection.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...066-7/fulltext

..."tropism to non-respiratory mucosal surfaces, thus limiting the effectiveness of face masks" (initial infection is believed to be via eye mucosa route)

..."These findings warrant aggressive measures (such as N95 masks, goggles, and protective gowns) to ensure the safety of health-care workers during this COVID-19 outbreak"

Quote Originally Posted by HICKMAN View Post
    we've done this once before and the lady in the group kicked our butts!
    "Freedom... is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again."
    ---Ronald Reagan, 1967

User Info Menu

So is an N95 Mask reusable? For how many times? Use once when you go out and throw it away when you get home?

User Info Menu

Seeing that China may have re-revised numbers downward, saying some dead were accidentally "double-counted"

Uh huh.

Okay.
    106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark out, and we're wearing sunglasses.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Seeing that China may have re-revised numbers downward, saying some dead were accidentally "double-counted"

Uh huh.

Okay.
    More like double bagged.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Karl-just-Karl View Post
    So is an N95 Mask reusable? For how many times? Use once when you go out and throw it away when you get home?
    I posted earlier in this thread about International Doctors without border advise about masks.It included how to take them off and on,and that they are not reusable.
    As to your current question.I think the answer is yes.IF you sanitize them between use.Say with 10% bleach and let them air dry.But the disposable ones will not work for long periods of time,and bleach may degrade them.
    Keeping things clean is about the most important thing you can do right now though.

User Info Menu

Just wear the full face masks with the p100 pods.

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Karl-just-Karl View Post
    CDC guidance for extended/reuse of N95 masks.

Short version- generally one use, but can be reused for up to 8 hrs total with proper precautions.

Every anti-Trump bombshell: Falsehood flies, and the Truth comes limping after it.

Page 67 of 107 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 ... LastLast