Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Bullet strikes father and son in accidental shooting

Bullet strikes father and son in accidental shooting

January 20, 2020...

...A father and son were both struck in the head by a bullet from a gun accidentally discharged Sunday night, according to the Monroe County Sheriffís Office.

First responders were dispatched to E Zinnia Drive Sunday night around 8:18 p.m. Sunday evening, where according to a press release from the MSCO, a 36-year-old man, and his 4-year-old son were suffering from gunshot wounds to their heads. The man and his son, according to the release, were play wrestling, when the gun discharged once when it fell. The gun had been concealed on the small of the fatherís back, according to the MSCO.

Both the father, and the son, were rushed to IU Health Bloomington for treatment, then the father was taken to IU Health Methodist where he is expected to recover, and the boy was transported to Riley Childrenís Hospital, and is in critical care...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

Hope the kid makes it. Heard this on the radio the day it happened. Sad stuff.
    Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.

User Info Menu

Sorry for both the father and son and prayers that they both recover.

Then, lots of questions but probably not the time or place for them.

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

The question is; when is the time and place to educate folks on firearm's handling? How many other folks are out there right now innocently practicing terribly dangerous habits?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    The question is; when is the time and place to educate folks on firearm's handling? How many other folks are out there right now innocently practicing terribly dangerous habits?

True, but at least in this case he is only going to shoot off his own foot!

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by White Squirrel View Post
    Sorry for both the father and son and prayers that they both recover.

Then, lots of questions but probably not the time or place for them.
    Agreed on both points.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Since you insist, I will ask a couple of my questions:

*Should you be on the floor wrestling with a child while carrying your handgun? When I know I am going to be active with my grandson, I remove it and secure it and then retrieve it later.
    *What kind of holster, if any, was he using? Seems like the gun was not very well secured.
    *Once again, we have "the gun just went off!" defense. Really, or did the child accidently grab it? Was it falling out of his pants (however it was being carried) and he grabbed for it to try to catch it?

Those are just the immediate ones that come to mind. I am sure there are plenty of people who will add to this abbreviated list.

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

True, but at least in this case he is only going to shoot off his own foot!
    Are you sure that bullet will stop at the concrete after going through the dumbass' foot?

What will happen to the leg-holstered handgun (pointing at the camera man) when said dude blows the foot off of that leg?

What direction will the rifle fly to after these actions and what will happen when it lands?
    Last edited by bwframe; 4 Weeks Ago at 15:36.

User Info Menu

This is horrible. Father and son doing what fathers and sons do, and their lifeís are changed forever. Prayers for both, I hope the kiddo makes it out with no lifelong effects. Good reminder to always be aware of our firearms, only takes a split second. I hate these kind of stories
    I find you offensive for finding me offensive.

Often imitated, Never duplicated.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Since you insist, I will ask a couple of my questions:

*Should you be on the floor wrestling with a child while carrying your handgun? When I know I am going to be active with my grandson, I remove it and secure it and then retrieve it later.
    *What kind of holster, if any, was he using? Seems like the gun was not very well secured.
    *Once again, we have "the gun just went off!" defense. Really, or did the child accidently grab it? Was it falling out of his pants (however it was being carried) and he grabbed for it to try to catch it?

Those are just the immediate ones that come to mind. I am sure there are plenty of people who will add to this abbreviated list.
    I will only say in the end (With out being right there) yes this is on the dad. Period.
    When the terrorists attack (avatar) and they do often I will remove my EDC. Period.

AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast