Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 5000 block of 23rd St ? ! ! Safe for my wife ?

User Info Menu

5000 block of 23rd St ? ! ! Safe for my wife ?

My wife has been talked into looking at a granite supplier for remodeling our bathroom. The place is in the 5000 block of 23rd St. what kind of an area is this ? Safe for her and a girlfriend to go to by themselves ?

User Info Menu

East or West 23rd? And I assume you're talking about Indy?

User Info Menu

East of 65. Yes, Indy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amboy49 View Post
    My wife has been talked into looking at a granite supplier for remodeling our bathroom. The place is in the 5000 block of 23rd St. what kind of an area is this ? Safe for her and a girlfriend to go to by themselves ?
    I'm assuming they're going to a business during the day. From the Google street view, it looks like a wide open industrial district.

I don't live in in Indy, but no where (in Indy) can be _that_ bad.

I'd rather my wife goes there, rather than some supplier located next to an outlet mall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

Okay, that's right near 23rd and Emerson. Should be fine in the day time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    I'm assuming they're going to a business during the day. From the Google street view, it looks like a wide open industrial district.

I'd rather my wife goes there, rather than some supplier located next to an outlet mall.
    Oh Jetta... young innocent Jetta...

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post

If you live in Detroit or Oakland or Kabul its not that bad.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Time to get the wife enrolled in some training classes. Or wait until Saturday and go with her if you’re that concerned. I avoid Indy as much as possible, but during the day the trash is usually sleeping off their hijinks from the night before.
    INGO’s bacon hater.

User Info Menu

I have no issue going anywhere in the city during the day, and most places at night.

The only thing that mildly concerns me is people busting the windows in my car to steal nick nacks. That is really the only sort of random violence you could be involved in.

I will say that when you dig into nearly all of the shootings involve people who know each other and are involved in criminal enterprise. That is why those don't make the news, but when someone's home is invaded, you'll hear about that.

10 people have been killed this month, and the overwhelming response has been...meh.

This should give you a good idea of places to avoid at night.

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/...olis-homicides

User Info Menu

As been said, go earlier in the day during sun up time and they should be fine. That is the edge of not real good area.

It's all true!!! The Boogieman IS real, and you found him!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast