CMT To Play Male And Female Artists 50/50, Even If Market Says Differently...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Woke is everywhere now, bean counters running amok. They should just run their business and sell what sells. It is interesting that the article notes that female air play has declined over 60% since 2000 on radio stations that play what makes money. The really funny part is that it is female tastes that are driving the male dominance in country music.

Now I will add that a disturbing point can be made that consolidation by the likes of iHeart radio may be a part of this as well.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/2...ts-the-same-but-will-it-matter/#disqus_thread

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    2018-09-19.jpg

I like Emily :thatshot:, but she might be biased towards the country Bo's that she drools over?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As far as I'm concerned country females don't get near enough coverage on radio.

[video=youtube;_MOavH-Eivw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MOavH-Eivw[/video]

[video=youtube;u-BqgHfeZss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-BqgHfeZss&list=PL-uc82tdU8iBO_ZZsOAogYiq4tqPMrFiy&index=3[/video]

[video=youtube;p-dzl0XcDRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-dzl0XcDRo[/video]

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I genuinely don't understand why anyone cares at all about these things. I'm free to disagree with the culture that is driving these decisions and they're free to run their businesses straight into the ground. Either way, if freedom is winning I'm on board.

I've got enough problems with my employer shoving the rudder straight at the rocks, throttling up, and me begging them at least let me hold their beer, to be concerned with any other bad business decisions.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I genuinely don't understand why anyone cares at all about these things. I'm free to disagree with the culture that is driving these decisions and they're free to run their businesses straight into the ground. Either way, if freedom is winning I'm on board.

I've got enough problems with my employer shoving the rudder straight at the rocks, throttling up, and me begging them at least let me hold their beer, to be concerned with any other bad business decisions.

All just part of the demise of society...

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    All just part of the demise of society...

Or part of businesses losing just heaps and heaps on money making stupid decisions. This problem will fix itself on a long enough time line. Plus, the other option is to wave my fist at the sky. I already vote. My vote is what those idiots will actually claim started all of this mess anyhow.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Woke is everywhere now, bean counters running amok. They should just run their business and sell what sells.

...since 2000...

Hmmm, seems do be around the time the Dixie Chicks became ashamed of their country. The Dixie Chicks forgot what was helping them make money (B****s and Booty) and chose to open their mouths to downgrade the USA rather than using their mouths to sing.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Woke is everywhere now, bean counters running amok. They should just run their business and sell what sells. It is interesting that the article notes that female air play has declined over 60% since 2000 on radio stations that play what makes money. The really funny part is that it is female tastes that are driving the male dominance in country music.

Now I will add that a disturbing point can be made that consolidation by the likes of iHeart radio may be a part of this as well.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/2...ts-the-same-but-will-it-matter/#disqus_thread

Also interesting (in a bad way) in the article:

All this is to say, CMT’s decision won’t do much to address the broader problem because the broader problem involves radio, and may actually involve audience preferences. I’ve always struggled with this issue because country radio has been much kinder to female artists in the past, which tells me sexism in the industry isn’t exactly at the heart of the problem. If business incentives demanded something closer to parity on the air, it’s exceedingly hard to imagine country radio wouldn’t do a better job meeting those demands, particularly given its history of spinning female artists in eras past.

Author uses the word "problem" and that it "involves audience preferences". So basically she is saying that there is a problem with country music radio audiences wanting to hear more men artists than women (and as OP stated that most of the fans that are wanting more male artist radio play are actually female), and that needs to be fixed.

What kind of statement is that to make. Business is supplying what it's consumers want, and that's a problem because it is not PC?

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Also interesting (in a bad way) in the article:

Author uses the word "problem" and that it "involves audience preferences". So basically she is saying that there is a problem with country music radio audiences wanting to hear more men artists than women (and as OP stated that most of the fans that are wanting more male artist radio play are actually female), and that needs to be fixed.

What kind of statement is that to make. Business is supplying what it's consumers want, and that's a problem because it is not PC?

I was hoping someone would dig deeper than just the post. It is back to more of Bernie's staffer's reeducation. Our betters know what singers we need to listen to...

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Let's not even get into the discussion of what constitutes "country" music now-a-days!:puke:I mean, what the hell happened to all the steel guitars??????

Outlaw Country! :rockwoot:

There is a thriving alternative country market out there you just have to look for it. And all the great country can be molded into custom channels with streaming services. It will not be on your radio...

Love Outlaw Country...

Top Bottom