Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

CMT To Play Male And Female Artists 50/50, Even If Market Says Differently...

Woke is everywhere now, bean counters running amok. They should just run their business and sell what sells. It is interesting that the article notes that female air play has declined over 60% since 2000 on radio stations that play what makes money. The really funny part is that it is female tastes that are driving the male dominance in country music.

Now I will add that a disturbing point can be made that consolidation by the likes of iHeart radio may be a part of this as well.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/22...#disqus_thread

User Info Menu

Meh! Give me country classics on XM any day.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

I like Emily , but she might be biased towards the country Bo's that she drools over?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

As far as I'm concerned country females don't get near enough coverage on radio.

Last edited by bwframe; 4 Weeks Ago at 14:59.
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Marksman

User Info Menu

I genuinely don't understand why anyone cares at all about these things. I'm free to disagree with the culture that is driving these decisions and they're free to run their businesses straight into the ground. Either way, if freedom is winning I'm on board.

I've got enough problems with my employer shoving the rudder straight at the rocks, throttling up, and me begging them at least let me hold their beer, to be concerned with any other bad business decisions.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by maxwelhse View Post
    I genuinely don't understand why anyone cares at all about these things. I'm free to disagree with the culture that is driving these decisions and they're free to run their businesses straight into the ground. Either way, if freedom is winning I'm on board.

I've got enough problems with my employer shoving the rudder straight at the rocks, throttling up, and me begging them at least let me hold their beer, to be concerned with any other bad business decisions.
    All just part of the demise of society...

User Info Menu

I'm mostly offended that CMT has the audacity to consider any of these people artists.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    All just part of the demise of society...
    Or part of businesses losing just heaps and heaps on money making stupid decisions. This problem will fix itself on a long enough time line. Plus, the other option is to wave my fist at the sky. I already vote. My vote is what those idiots will actually claim started all of this mess anyhow.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I'm mostly offended that CMT has the audacity to consider any of these people artists.
    Having grown up I an era of great creativity in music of all genres I agree...

User Info Menu

Let's not even get into the discussion of what constitutes "country" music now-a-days!I mean, what the hell happened to all the steel guitars??????

Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast