Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

I had some skunks (7 of them) trapped and taken away by a commercial guy. Not cheap, but not terrible.

I borrowed a trap and got the two raccoons that were living in my tree. I drove them about 7-8 miles out into the country and let them go.

Our animal control will come and take a wild animal if it's in your house. Otherwise, it's up to me to deal with them.
    Anything is possible

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    I know(last time I checked) that it's illegal to relocate racoons in Indiana, so it will have to be dispatched one way or another. All I have atm is a 1911, a 22LR would be sufficient but I'm not in a position to buy another gun atm.

I know somebody with a coon trap but I can only imagine how messy it will get blasting it with my 45acp...
    If you have to kill it, a bucket of water big enough to hold the trap will be a lot less messy then shooting it. Easier on the cage, too.
    L'otters are not afraid.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you have to kill it, a bucket of water big enough to hold the trap will be a lot less messy then shooting it. Easier on the cage, too.

I catch chipmunks with a bucket full of water. Highly effective. And no noise.
    Anything is possible

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Bingo.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

DCR
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Here's what I found on the DNR website:

Resident landowners and tenants can trap a raccoon that is causing damage on their own property without a permit from the DNR. The raccoon must be euthanized or released within the county of capture on private property in which you have permission to release the raccoon. In order to prevent the spread of disease, the DNR encourages homeowners to safely and humanely euthanize the raccoons, if possible. If you do not want to trap the raccoon yourself, contact a licensed nuisance wild animal control operator.

User Info Menu

Regardless of legality, relocation of pests like raccoons should not even be a thought. No one wants someone else's pest relocated to their doorstep.

I'm SOMEBODY, Recognize ME! Caleb's Avatar

User Info Menu

Anybody near me selling a 22lr for a reasonable amount of money?

User Info Menu

My Dad had a "Havahart", a rope and a pond.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    They tear up everything and are mean.

I watched a big female coon lay a major ass whoopin on a 50 pound dog once. The fight wasn't even close. Mean little bastages.

I'm SOMEBODY, Recognize ME! Caleb's Avatar

User Info Menu

I have a buddy lending me a raccoon cage and a crossbolt pistol...still going to source a 22lr I think.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast