Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

Just do the drowning technique, it is far easier. If you insist on the harder route it is cleaner to put a couple of pellets from a pellet gun than the .22.

I'm SOMEBODY, Recognize ME! Caleb's Avatar

User Info Menu

My dad does have a pellet gun but I have no idea if it will take out a racoon

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    My dad does have a pellet gun but I have no idea if it will take out a racoon
    Usually takes a couple of point blank to the skull to kill one.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have a Gamo whisper fusion elite pellet gun and one well placed shot will take down a coon or squirrel in a cage trap.

User Info Menu

Suppressors are quiet....

If you do catch them in a cage, you can usually shoot them with a 22 just fine. Anything larger can get messy.
    I did see what a 5.56 does to a rat while still in one of those Havahart type cages. Let's just say the rat didn't make it, the cage didn't make it either. Blew that rat to pieces then through a big hole out the other side of the cage. Everything, including the shooter got spattered.

I clapped. It was absolutely beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Anybody near me selling a 22lr for a reasonable amount of money?
    Heritage Rough Rider - $107.02 plus shipping (and transfer fee).

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/853847219

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    Usually takes a couple of point blank to the skull to kill one.
    Tannerite is the only way to go. The other coons take notice, and vacate the area.
    Just because you're at the center of the Universe doesn't mean you're in it.

User Info Menu

I know(last time I checked) that it's illegal to relocate racoons in Indiana, so it will have to be dispatched one way or another. All I have atm is a 1911, a 22LR would be sufficient but I'm not in a position to buy another gun atm.

I know somebody with a coon trap but I can only imagine how messy it will get blasting it with my 45acp...
    A large trash can filled with water works too. Provided it's large enough to hold the live trap of course.

Edit: BBI beat me to it. I guess I need to start reading to the end of threads.
    If I get home before daylight, just might get some sleep tonight.

User Info Menu

I've been told by a friend --
    Duke's dog proof coon traps (lots of places sell 'em): https://www.flemingtraps.com/duke-do...coon-trap.html

Attach to deck/heavy object/tree, stuff a marshmallow in there and you'll have success on night #1 or #2.
    Euthanize. Shooting is actually the safest method, though a bat/shovel/heavy timber will also work.
    Not for the wemmin folk.

Don't forget the 3rd part of the 3 S's.
    Repeat after me: "I have no recollection of the events you describe Senator."

Peel back the grass so that you can put it back on top of the fresh dirt.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    I catch chipmunks with a bucket full of water. Highly effective. And no noise.
    A few years ago when the tree rat infestation was out of hand we had a water slide into a large bucket of water. It was very effective. Very effective.

AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast