Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DCR View Post
    Had resident skunk under my deck about 15 years ago. I squirted straight ammonia between the boards a couple of times and he went elsewhere. Couldn't take his own medicine I guess.
    We have used ammonia before. Straight up Janitorial industrial strength tear jerking ammonia.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

I'm SOMEBODY, Recognize ME! Caleb's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DCR View Post
    Had resident skunk under my deck about 15 years ago. I squirted straight ammonia between the boards a couple of times and he went elsewhere. Couldn't take his own medicine I guess.
    Wonder if that would work on raccoons

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    This site says ammonia or moth balls will keep them away. Worth a shot

Raccoon Repellent - Moth Balls, Ammonia, Sound Machine Deterrent
    I find you offensive for finding me offensive.

Often imitated, Never duplicated.

Expert

User Info Menu

There is a good YouTube video showing mothballs are no deterrent to mice...

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    They are in an area because it will support them. Steady food source.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    There is a good YouTube video showing mothballs are no deterrent to mice...
    The skunks that were living under my front porch literally pushed the mouth balls out of their den they had made.
    Anything is possible

I'm SOMEBODY, Recognize ME! Caleb's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    They are in an area because it will support them. Steady food source.
    We had 5 chickens...HAD...

User Info Menu

I got the raccoons out from under my mini barn and my neighbor's deck with ammonia.
    Buy some cheap tennis balls. They come in a sealed tube. Open the tube and fill it with ammonia and put the lid back on the balls are under the ammonia. Let them soak for a day. Then roll them into your crawlspace. The smell will drive them out.
    It is better to do good than not to do bad.

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

You don't want to attempt to shoot that critter in the cage. It can get real messy and emotionally disturbing while you are torturing the critter to death trying to hit the moving target. Even if you get lucky, it's still messy with blood, brains, body fluids, etc.

Drowning is the most humane way to handle this. It's over very quick.

There is plenty of water around Columbus. Make a dry run to figure the best place for you in advance. Easy access, least mud, few eyes watching, not iced in, etc. Public access boat ramps are good.

Just drop the roped cage in the water for 3-5 minutes and drag it back out. It'd be great if the waterway was moving and appropriate for putting the body back into. Other critters gotta eat too.

If you don't have a truck, figure in advance how to protect your carpet from urine, droppings, claws and teeth. Leather gloves are handy and a long dog leash with a clip is a very good rope for the cage.

Plan to leave quickly so you are less likely to have to deal with looky lews asking why you didn't like your pet cat.
    Last edited by bwframe; 4 Weeks Ago at 00:57.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    You don't want to attempt to shoot that critter in the cage. It can get real messy and emotionally disturbing while you are torturing the critter to death trying to hit the moving target. Even if you get lucky, it's still messy with blood, brains, body fluids, etc.

Drowning is the most humane way to handle this. It's over very quick.

There is plenty of water around Columbus. Make a dry run to figure the best place for you in advance. Easy access, least mud, few eyes watching, not iced in, etc. Public access boat ramps are good.

Just drop the roped cage in the water for 3-5 minutes and drag it back out. It'd be great if the waterway was moving and appropriate for putting the body back into. Other critters gotta eat too.

If you don't have a truck, figure in advance how to protect your carpet from urine, droppings, claws and teeth. Leather gloves are handy and a long dog leash with a clip is a very good rope for the cage.

Plan to leave quickly so you are less likely to have to deal with looky lews asking why you didn't like your pet cat.
    This...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast