• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Have you all downloaded the citizen app. So far it works nicely to keep you updated on what's going on with the ability to add your own video of what's going on.

Any other good apps out there? I also like nextdoor and neighbors. Instead or more cow bell we need more big brother....

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Have you all downloaded the citizen app. So far it works nicely to keep you updated on what's going on with the ability to add your own video of what's going on.

Any other good apps out there? I also like nextdoor and neighbors. Instead or more cow bell we need more big brother....

You should ask Kirk about nextdoor.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You should ask Kirk about nextdoor.

I haven't heard his Nextdoor story, but the "group" (?) of neighborhoods I'm in seems to be okay, until you get the invariable political crap started in some of the threads. Cameramonkey shows up on mine from time to time. :) And I've found out that at least one other person that I grew up with has done what I did and bought the home they grew up in from their parent(s).

Our neighborhood is having sanitary sewer lines put in now, so it's sometimes a good source of info on that. And to some degree it kind of serves as an electronic "neighborhood crimewatch".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Columbus
    I got a flyer in the mail to join one of those for my rural corner of Bartholomew county and was surprised how many folks were using the site. Problem is I already forgot what site it was

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've dabbled with NextDoor. In my area, it seems to be mostly "buy my beat down old junk" or "I lost my dog, again". The local FB Chatter groups are the same.

We have the Ring doorbell thing. It is all "someone I didn't recognize was at my door. BEWARE!".

Yet to see anything worth browsing regularly. Well, other than INGO.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've dabbled with NextDoor. In my area, it seems to be mostly "buy my beat down old junk" or "I lost my dog, again". The local FB Chatter groups are the same.

We have the Ring doorbell thing. It is all "someone I didn't recognize was at my door. BEWARE!".

Yet to see anything worth browsing regularly. Well, other than INGO.

[video=youtube;0Swzvm-gXHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Swzvm-gXHg[/video]

In our neighborhood, Next Door is pretty much, "Lost dog", "Slow Down!", and "who can install a light bulb for me?"

The mods remove anything potentially decisive like politics.

Top Bottom