• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Recently we have expanded our pasture, herd etc. So now things are taking a bit longer and I find myself out in the dark for longer periods of time. Does anyone have any recommendations on a rugged reliable rechargeable set of flashlights? That are somewhat inexpensive.

Thanks

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Recently we have expanded our pasture, herd etc. So now things are taking a bit longer and I find myself out in the dark for longer periods of time. Does anyone have any recommendations on a rugged reliable rechargeable set of flashlights? That are somewhat inexpensive.

Thanks

With a lite you often get what you pay for. There are some serious light aficionado's on the forum. I am sure they will be alone soon.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Come on I was hoping that someone would share that little known secret of the $3.00 flash light that is every bit as good as the Klarus, lol. But seriously I have been known to drop stuff etc, and things get stepped on so trying not to go too expensive.

Last edited:

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Amazon
    WUBEN 1200 Lumens LED Flashlight USB Rechargeable (18650 Battery Included) IP68 Waterproof Ultra Bright Tactical Flash light Torch 5 Lighting Modes for Outdoor Camping Hiking Cycling (Renewed) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082YXWCWM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8oAlEbR1GJE6X

bought one use it all the time. Friends bought one and all liked
    Plenty of choices to choose one. This one doesn’t break the bank. Grandkids use it.. translation-dropped it still works. More expensive and cheaper ones out there. This one works for us and is very bright and easy to charge.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I recently got a Olight S2Rii and a Baton Pro during one of their sales

I like the S2R because it’s a bit more throwy, however the Baton Pro lights up everything on my property.

Both are rechargeable and worth what they charge during the sales. My only issue with Olight is they are all very cool. Cool meaning the color is more bluish rather than the warm yellow that helps make colors pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I’ve had mixed results with Olight products but I do have one of their rechargeable headlamps which hasn’t let me down.

If you’ve not considered or tried a headlamp I highly recommend them. Frees up your hands and it shines where you’re looking. Makes working in the dark much easier in my experience.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I’ve had mixed results with Olight products but I do have one of their rechargeable headlamps which hasn’t let me down.

If you’ve not considered or tried a headlamp I highly recommend them. Frees up your hands and it shines where you’re looking. Makes working in the dark much easier in my experience.
    Agreed! I use a headlamp a lot working in dim/dark areas. Shines where you look and not easy to drop or lose. Only problem with mine is it uses up 3 AAA batteries pretty quick.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I carry a Streamlight Microstream clipped to my neck knife. It's a good admin light and pretty bright for a small light. USB recharging is very handy.

For a real work in the dark hand held, it's a Surefire Fury, with a Raven Clip/Ring. To save bucks, you could certainly go with a Surefire GX2. I use rechargeable in these also, but have to take the batteries out to charge.

My bag carries the Olight headlamp and its nice, but I often use the cheaper head lamps that were purchased on the way to it. The cheap head lamps live in the vehicles and hang in the shop.

Lumpy76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hebron
    Definitely go with a led headlight. I use them a lot and they are great. So nice to have both hands and light where I look. I just use the $20 ones. Always have two in case one breaks. Downside is the battery usage. Have not seen or tried any rechargeable ones but I bet they are out there.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The Olights have that way cool magnet battery recharger. One of those lives in my bag with their head lamp.

61SiqiUadkL._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I've given up on the microstreams. I loved them, but just not robust enough for pocket carry. Started using the 5 dollar rural King pocket lights. Lasts almost as long as a microstream, and when it starts flickering, or otherwise takes a poop, shxtcan it and buy another.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Another vote for a headlamp.

I bought a cheaper one from Amazon several years ago. It worked well for me. Until I spent a couple hours outside when it was -20F. The switch became stuck in the on position. I thought after it warmed up things would work themselves out. They didn't. Then it wouldn't switch back on.

I have a couple Zebralight flashlights so I decided to fork over the $$$ and get one of their headlamp models. I think it's this one. Love it. The flood ones light up a very large area for such a small light. Kinda spendy but worth it IMHO.

utahskies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    NWI
    Led headlights...perfect gift. Costco sell some duracell ones in a three pack. tried armytek, zebra light, olights, they all fail at some point. So...1 is none and 2 is one

Top Bottom