Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 108
  1. #61
    Grandmaster Dirtebiker's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by amboy49 View Post
    It is a tragedy when there is any loss of life, and especially young loss of life. Mr. Bryant’s widow, children and family will surely struggle with the loss of a husband, father, son. However, sad to say that not one of the news venues that are now doing special programming would devote 100th of the present and forthcoming coverage to a military veteran killed in previous or current conflicts. Society, in general, has made heroes of sports figures but generally disregards real heroes. Sad commentary at best.

    ( With no disrespect to Mr. Bryant )
    Another excellent point! Today’s society raises the wrong people to “hero” status. It makes me sick to hear that word used to describe someone who plays a game for a living.
    Sorry for derailing'!!

  2. #62
    Grandmaster hoosierdoc's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    It's a sad thing. I don't care about celebrity or not, it sucks to picture people with their kids in a helicopter they know is about to crash. Those moments have GOT to be absolutely miserable as a parent
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

    Love them as if you'll lose them.

  3. #63
    Grandmaster Route 45's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    .
    Last edited by Route 45; 01-27-2020 at 12:44.
    Deserves got nothing to do with it...

  4. #64
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Oh I get it, and TMZ is notorious for breaking stuff early. There popularity is that they have no scruples about what they report, as long as they are first to do it.
    They’re in such a rush, they don’t bother to check that updates to articles don’t contradict what else was said. I read one article yesterday that reported the daughter had perished in the crash, and a few paragraphs down said that she was not on the helicopter.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

  5. #65
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    https://twitter.com/rsierra23/status...152086026?s=21

    Oops.

    Basically a reporter on CNN accidentally cites Kobe’s former team as the Los Angeles n-word. Too early to tell how cancelled she’ll be or if they’ll cut the MSNBC personality a break. It sounds like an honest mistake; a conflation of Knicks and Lakers. I thought she said “knickers” not the n-word. But the twitteratti likes its virtuous victimhood and being offended on other people’s behalf.
    Last edited by jamil; 01-27-2020 at 09:32.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

  6. #66
    Grandmaster Sigblitz's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by amboy49 View Post
    It is a tragedy when there is any loss of life, and especially young loss of life. Mr. Bryant’s widow, children and family will surely struggle with the loss of a husband, father, son. However, sad to say that not one of the news venues that are now doing special programming would devote 100th of the present and forthcoming coverage to a military veteran killed in previous or current conflicts. Society, in general, has made heroes of sports figures but generally disregards real heroes. Sad commentary at best.

    ( With no disrespect to Mr. Bryant )
    Alicia Keys, on the Grammys last night, said we lost a hero.

  7. #67
    Master

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    https://twitter.com/rsierra23/status...152086026?s=21

    Oops.

    Basically a reporter on CNN accidentally cites Kobe’s former team as the Los Angeles n-word. Too early to tell how cancelled she’ll be or if they’ll cut the MSNBC personality a break. It sounds like an honest mistake; a conflation of Knicks and Lakers. I thought she said “knickers” not the n-word. But the twitteratti likes its virtuous victimhood and being offended on other people’s behalf.
    i think it was an honest mistake also. Something to think about. They usually have no teleprompter during breaking news, if they do it is only bullet points. Closed captioning is done post studio talking at major networks. They also have an ear piece in their ear telling them information when needed. All this while trying to convey information to the people without repeating too much. To a non media person, this would be like being on a conference call in your ear while trying to be on a date. Something might be said that you didn’t mean to say. I thought she said something more like nakers for some reason.

  8. #68
    Grandmaster Snapdragon's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Finally an article that does not treat the other seven victims as if they are unimportant.

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...o4VnYXhn3eJCGo



    Quote Originally Posted by 04FXSTS View Post
    If God created anything better than dogs and S&W revolvers he kept it for his self.

  9. #69
    Grandmaster Sigblitz's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    Alicia Keys, on the Grammys last night, said we lost a hero.
    Well, there are sports heroes. So, yes.

  10. #70
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    In that he was a sportsman hero to a lot of people, yeah. I never really liked him, personally or as a player. So he’s not a sports hero to me.

    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge