Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 108
  1. #81
    Master cbhausen's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    There are plenty of meathawks with simulators who reenact air disasters and publish them on YouTube. There are probably reenactments out there already.
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Crawfordsville Gun Club; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land

  2. #82
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    A wire strike is always possible, too; but the rapid climb just before loss of radar contact I think means he knew he was in trouble
    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

  3. #83
    Midnight Rider

    User Info Menu

    They just had a press conference. I only caught the end of it.

    Looks like the pilot was likely turning to return and flew into ground on his 180? Rotor was found 100 yards beyond crash site so they determined he was moving forward at a decent clip?

    Maybe everyone on board never knew what hit them?
    Last edited by bwframe; 4 Weeks Ago at 19:57.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

  4. #84
    Marksman

    User Info Menu




    This eye witness account is surprisingly articulate and informative.

  5. #85
    Grandmaster Dirtebiker's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    Well, there are sports heroes. So, yes.
    Are there?

  6. #86
    Mickey Mantle Trigger Time's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    They just had a press conference. I only caught the end of it.

    Looks like the pilot was likely turning to return and flew into ground on his 180? Rotor was found 100 yards beyond crash site so they determined he was moving forward at a decent clip?

    Maybe everyone on board never knew what hit them?
    Thats the only good in this tragedy then. Over instantly. No suffering for the victims.
    Looking more like pilot error here. So many conflicting stories you hear.
    NRA Patron Life Member

  7. #87
    Grandmaster hoosierdoc's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I had heard he was descending at 4000 ft/min and going 186mph just before impact
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

    Love them as if you'll lose them.

  8. #88
    Expert SheepDog4Life's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    I'm hearing this was not due to the fog initially but there was some sort of mechanical issue that caused this and then they inpacted at around 1700 ft. He was in radio contact. So this should be a quick investigation.
    Terrible.

    Consider all of that hearsay. Nothing is fact until the investigation is complete. No one wants to see little kids meet this fate especially.
    Also no matter what your views are on Kobe Bryant's personal mistakes, he and his wife both chose to move forward together and continue their marriage. We are not in a position to judge them. Looks like they had a super happy and loving family, and the survivors are in deep pain. it is completely classless and cruel to bring up past marital indiscretions online after a man dies along with his teen daughter. Rediculous.
    Discuss what you like among yourself amongst friends in private but online, come on we are better than this. This man was not a politician that hurt any of us. He was an entertainer. He WAS one of the greatest athletes in history. His memory deserves some respect. And his grieving family certainly does.
    And I am not a basketball fan.
    Not to single out TT, I could have quoted any number of posts here, but i disagree.

    My heart goes out to the family and friends of all of those lost in the helicopter crash, including Kobe's family... but not to him, himself.

    The fact that he was one of the basketball GOATs, for me, does not overcome the fact that, IMO, the evidence showed beyond a reasonable doubt that he was a rapist. And that he got away with it by attacking his victim with his legal team, and then paying her off, to make it go away, so he could become one of those GOATs.

    Should this be thrown in the face of his grieving family? No, absolutely not. Should it be "erased" from his legacy because of his accomplishments on the court and because he died a tragic death? IMO, again, no absolutely not. To include mention of this episode as an "accusation" is the gentlest way of including it in the summation of the man.

    So, while I'm sure it is my own character flaw to not be able to forgive and forget in this instance - I cannot.

    And, while I have sincere condolences for all who lost loved ones in that tragic helicopter crash... I do not wish Kobe to RIP... quite the opposite. I wish for him what I would wish for any other rapist once they depart, and peace ain't it.
    Seen on Facebook: “Love trumping hate involves a lot more assault and arson than I thought it would”

    "I believe in a system of Love and Karma, but, to counterbalance that, if it fails, I'm buying an AK-47..." - Unidentified Californian on Fox News following Antifa protests fascist riots

  9. #89
    Grandmaster HoughMade's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    I had heard he was descending at 4000 ft/min and going 186mph just before impact
    That's higher than the maximum speed of the most recent S-76.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

  10. #90
    Grandmaster Snapdragon's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SheepDog4Life View Post
    Not to single out TT, I could have quoted any number of posts here, but i disagree.

    My heart goes out to the family and friends of all of those lost in the helicopter crash, including Kobe's family... but not to him, himself.

    The fact that he was one of the basketball GOATs, for me, does not overcome the fact that, IMO, the evidence showed beyond a reasonable doubt that he was a rapist. And that he got away with it by attacking his victim with his legal team, and then paying her off, to make it go away, so he could become one of those GOATs.

    Should this be thrown in the face of his grieving family? No, absolutely not. Should it be "erased" from his legacy because of his accomplishments on the court and because he died a tragic death? IMO, again, no absolutely not. To include mention of this episode as an "accusation" is the gentlest way of including it in the summation of the man.

    So, while I'm sure it is my own character flaw to not be able to forgive and forget in this instance - I cannot.

    And, while I have sincere condolences for all who lost loved ones in that tragic helicopter crash... I do not wish Kobe to RIP... quite the opposite. I wish for him what I would wish for any other rapist once they depart, and peace ain't it.
    Agreed. Rep inbound.




    Quote Originally Posted by 04FXSTS View Post
    If God created anything better than dogs and S&W revolvers he kept it for his self.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge