• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Many years ago (2008) I was forced to sell one of my most prized possessions and I’d like to have it back. All I know is that it was purchased by a gentleman from the Ft Wayne area whose father owned or had owned a motorcycle shop. I’m offering $100 to anyone who finds this bike and puts me in touch with the current owner. I’ll pay you another $100 if I can buy it back.

It’s a 2001 Road King. When I sold it it had an old, small antique HD fire extinguisher mounted to the down tube of the frame and a white analog watch face ignition cover. There was also an autograph on the inside of one of the saddle bag lids. I can’t find the VIN unfortunately.

ETA: Found the VIN 1HD1FRW101Y602034

An1ooMvh.jpg

Last edited:

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Your insurance company may still have a record of this with the vin. A Carfax will get you to the town it was last tagged in. I sold an 86 Grand National in 91. Always wanted it back and finally found it last year. Just so happened I had a copy of the sales info from the car lot that sold it in 94. The vin me up to 2012 and it disappeared. I started looking for the guys name that was on the paperwork at that time and got in touch with him. He still had the car but had been doing a frame off since 2012. The car was not for sale but got some updated pics and talked to the guy quite a few times since. That led me to one real close in options to the one that I have had now for a year. Good luck with the search. I have felt your pain.
    Tim

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I called my insurance agent to try to get the VIN, no bueno. They dump records after 10 years but I appreciate the advice, I hadn't thought of it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I called my insurance agent to try to get the VIN, no bueno. They dump records after 10 years but I appreciate the advice, I hadn't thought of it.

Any chance the BMV could access it? You had plates and a title so I'm wondering if they could do anything?

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Any chance the BMV could access it? You had plates and a title so I'm wondering if they could do anything?

I was thinking the same thing.

I know when I log onto "My BMV" account it brings up a list of cars I had 20 years ago. Heck it even shows that one of my 69 Chargers has a lien on it through its current owner. Heck, I had that car back in 1995.

On a side note, I am in Fort Wayne, never have seen that bike. Sorry.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was thinking the same thing.

I know when I log onto "My BMV" account it brings up a list of cars I had 20 years ago. Heck it even shows that one of my 69 Chargers has a lien on it through its current owner. Heck, I had that car back in 1995.

On a side note, I am in Fort Wayne, never have seen that bike. Sorry.

Interesting, mine only seems to show a few years back. Not sure if I'm not looking at the correct place within the BMV portal.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Good thinkin, I'll touch base with him. I'm running on severe sleep deprivation and I don't handle it like I used to, my brain isn't firing on all cylinders.

Top Bottom