• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I liked some of the action, but the gratuitous celebrations are a bridge too far for me.
    I watched a routine pass tipped, then intercepted and returned for maybe 15 yards.
    At this point the entire defense gathered in the end-zone to pose for pictures.

If you had only seen the celebration you would have thought they won the Superbowl.
    I managed to watch about 20 minutes between two games.
    That's about all I could stomach.

I was looking forward to the XFL, not so much now.
    Just a different bunch of spoiled, petulant, self-centered brats.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I liked some of the action, but the gratuitous celebrations are a bridge too far for me.
    I watched a routine pass tipped, then intercepted and returned for maybe 15 yards.
    At this point the entire defense gathered in the end-zone to pose for pictures.

If you had only seen the celebration you would have thought they won the Superbowl.
    I managed to watch about 20 minutes between two games.
    That's about all I could stomach.

I was looking forward to the XFL, not so much now.
    Just a different bunch of spoiled, petulant, self-centered brats.

You must not have watched much NFL this season. This happened on pretty much every interception I saw this year, no matter the team.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Chad Johnson is the only one that comes to mind? Unless you’re thinking of someone else? Bengals have had multiple idiots the last few years

Yup that is this particular idiot. Ochosynco or some such crap. He was an idiot. It seems this entire calibration thing has come along with that crowd. There have been other in the past. But this currant crap takes away from the game.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You must not have watched much NFL this season. This happened on pretty much every interception I saw this year, no matter the team.

Very observant of you.
    You are correct. I did not watch a single NFL game this year.
    I gave up on professional football when the league gave up on our flag.

Screw those guys.
    I thought I would give the XFL a chance, but if that's all they have to offer...

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I actually liked it. I love the kick off and extra point rule changes. Being able to hear the refs and people in the booth discussing challenges and close calls was really nice too. The shorter play clock kept the game going with a lot more action. I know the football talent wasn't quite NFL quality, but you have to remember this league just started, all the NFL quality player are in the NFL where the big money is obviously. I think the XFL has a good shot at making it this time.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I really enjoyed it. It was fun football. It is, at its core, a stupid game, people should have fun with it. I liked the rule changes. 25 second game clock is excellent! I'm not a big fan of listening in on the coaches and the announcers knowing the playbooks. That got annoying. It is fun when Romo does it because he studies tapes, it isn't cool when you cheat on that. The announcing on ESPN needed help, I didn't get the FOX games, so not sure on that. I enjoyed the replay discussion. My favorite part was the sideline interviews: "You just missed a FG, what happened?" is really entertaining.

It wasn't top flight football, but it was good, solid football.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I actually liked it. I love the kick off and extra point rule changes. Being able to hear the refs and people in the booth discussing challenges and close calls was really nice too. The shorter play clock kept the game going with a lot more action. I know the football talent wasn't quite NFL quality, but you have to remember this league just started, all the NFL quality player are in the NFL where the big money is obviously. I think the XFL has a good shot at making it this time.

^^^ This, plus it's filling a seasonal void between football and baseball in a time of year when I'm inside more than outside.

Top Bottom