• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The convenience stores of Speedway have lost my business, or most of it anyway.
    Every last Speedway in my town have removed their coffee brewing machines and replaced them with swill dispensers.
    They call it coffee, but to me it tastes like Sanka. Remember that "instant coffee" crap they called Sanka?

Sorry for the rant, but I enjoy drinking coffee, and when I want coffee, I do NOT want instant!
    I used to buy a cup at every visit to a Speedway, as well as lottery tickets, maybe a doughnut...

Well, since I can no longer get a decent cup of coffee there I guess I'm forced to go elsewhere.

-Rant over

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Phone chose the wrong word

Speedway lost my business several years ago when they decided that cleaning anything at all was an unnecessary expense.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sadly, my Speedway has removed the real coffee in place of that stuff VUPD warned me about!:( I will still go, as I have a massive amount of points built up which I use at Christmas to buy gift cards for several folks. Just drink my coffee at home now.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Gave up on the hit or miss coffee on the road some years ago. The "good" coffee shops were an objection to my wallet.

I brew a pot that goes in a thermos and travel mug before I leave. It's normally doctored up a bit, bulletproof style. A smaller package rides on the bike, along with water bottles.

:dunno: - Who hasn't gone 90 on 465?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The convenience stores of Speedway have lost my business, or most of it anyway.
    Every last Speedway in my town have removed their coffee brewing machines and replaced them with swill dispensers.
    They call it coffee, but to me it tastes like Sanka. Remember that "instant coffee" crap they called Sanka?

Sorry for the rant, but I enjoy drinking coffee, and when I want coffee, I do NOT want instant!
    I used to buy a cup at every visit to a Speedway, as well as lottery tickets, maybe a doughnut...

Well, since I can no longer get a decent cup of coffee there I guess I'm forced to go elsewhere.

-Rant over

Yeah, and I love how they have the little glass hopper bowl on top full of whole beans and expect us to believe they do a fresh grind for every cup. Uh.... how do you have one bowl of beans, yet there are half a dozen roast selections on the selection buttons?

On a related note, dont stay in a Drury inn. They've gone to these instant monstrosities. (without the offensive bean top to imply fresh ground, or choices of roast) Tastes HORRIBLE and no amount of sugar or flavored creamer helps. I LITERALLY stopped staying at those when I travel because of that crap. At one of my regular work destionations, it means I would have to leave the hotel early to drive a mile the opposite way of my office to get a coffee from McDs. Because I literally cannot.

Our speedway lost my business after installing pumps that yell advertisements at me the entire time I'm at the pump.

And I found a solution to mute them, but they changed the firmware so the trick no longer works.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Unfortunately, I'm at several Speedways everyday at work. I also have a little more knowledge about the in's and outs than the average Joe. I agree with everything, especially the TV's at the pumps.

Speedway lost my business several years ago when they decided that cleaning anything at all was an unnecessary expense.

A few years ago, they (the corporation) pulled 75% of the outside trash cans to save $. If the stations weren't dirty enough because they wouldn't have anyone outside cleaning on a regular basis, it got way worse. To the point where so many customers complained, they put back all of the trash cans. I don't remember the exact dollar amount but it was pennies compared to how much profit they make.

They are constantly understaffed and a (seems like) good part of the employees really don't care. The line is 15 people long and 3 of them are in back talking.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    They are constantly understaffed and a (seems like) good part of the employees really don't care. The line is 15 people long and 3 of them are in back talking.
    Everyone I’ve ever been to is exactly like this!!!! If they didn’t have such a good rewards program and national coverage I’d never step foot in one again.

Top Bottom