• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I'm lucky enough to have a fiance that doesn't see Valentine's Day as a second Christmas for women. We typically just turn the weekend into a feast since we're both diverse and accomplished eaters.

We've been to two places since last night that we are regulars at, and both of them have completely and utterly dropped the ball. Neither one seemed prepared for the onslaught of Valentine's Day diners.

We have reservations tonight at a third place and I'm hoping against hope they've got it together. Has anyone else had a disappointing outing this weekend at an otherwise good place?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    We went to one of our former regular(*) places Friday night. They were on it with plenty of staff on the floor, at the bar, and in the kitchen. Some newer staff but all seemed well trained for the evening. Quick service of drinks and food without us feeling rushed. I went in with lower expectations and came away pleasantly surprised. Some manager(s) did some hard work getting things ready to rock on the busiest night of the year. Good luck with your experience tonight.

(*) we would still be regulars but their prices no longer match my budget. Save this restaurant for special occasions like my wife’s combo B-Day / V-Day dinner.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    My lady friend invited me over for din din with her, her mother, and her brother. Not exactly an intimate dinner, but a nice family meal. Man, can that girl cook. And she's got "bust" enough for me.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Went to one of our local "nice" places. No reservations, just got there early. They were hopping by the time we left. Quality service and quality dinner, as usual. That's why we keep going.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We stopped at the Outback for lunch yesterday. Not busy at all. Food was pretty good (they’re sometimes hit and miss as far as I’m concerned but the rest of the family loves it).

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    "Eggrolls and coyote!" ding ding ding.... We have a winner. My wife and I consider VD amateur date night. We avoid going out the 14th. However the family wanted to all get together. So, we changed their place and time to 4:00 at Gray's in Mooresville. Beat the rush and 9 of us were taken care of by people that have a crowd every week-end. I think they are high priced for a cafeteria. But, they don't drop the ball very often. I took her and I to Culvers (her favorite) tonight for a nice date after roaming the flea market for entertainment. My best restaurant luck the past 2 years has been Red Lobster as the first customer on Saturdays in Avon.

TitanUp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Carmel
    Ever since our daughter was born (16 months) most special of involve putting the daughter to bed and ordering pick up and having drinks at home. I don’t miss the crazy valentines hustle and bustle

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I've been looking forward to eating at this place since last year. Complete disappointment. This was the first time I didnt finish a steak. I ate half and gave up. The wife took a single bite and followed suit.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    "Eggrolls and coyote!" ding ding ding.... We have a winner. My wife and I consider VD amateur date night. We avoid going out the 14th. However the family wanted to all get together. So, we changed their place and time to 4:00 at Gray's in Mooresville. Beat the rush and 9 of us were taken care of by people that have a crowd every week-end. I think they are high priced for a cafeteria. But, they don't drop the ball very often. I took her and I to Culvers (her favorite) tonight for a nice date after roaming the flea market for entertainment. My best restaurant luck the past 2 years has been Red Lobster as the first customer on Saturdays in Avon.
    If you got VD, it definitely wasn’t an amateur?

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Thank (insert economic deity here) that my wife is not into making a big spectacle of it. She wants a home cooked meal and some decent chocolates. I get flowers anyways, and for the daughters as well so they don't feel left out - they're young.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I knew dinner reservations wouldn’t happen(my daughter works at a nice steak house and had 325 reservations and no walk ins) I asked the wife if she wanted me to cook steaks, I marinate in olive oil, soy sauce and Worcester sauce, it’s damn good! And she said she wanted a shrimp boil, so I made that and boxed red lobster “cheddar bay biscuits”, it was wonderful, she was happy, and I didn’t have to deal with the Valentine’s Day bull!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’m taking my 4yo to a Daddy Daughter dance next Saturday. She gets to dress up in a frilly gown and act like a Princess, while Daddy has to wear a suit and bring her flowers. This will be out fourth one, and she LOVES it. That’s our Valentines Day thing.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I’m taking my 4yo to a Daddy Daughter dance next Saturday. She gets to dress up in a frilly gown and act like a Princess, while Daddy has to wear a suit and bring her flowers. This will be out fourth one, and she LOVES it. That’s our Valentines Day thing.

Ours was tonight. This is the first year I couldn't take the girls. Stuck at work as we type. Was going to take the youngest for her first year.

Top Bottom