• ...and so much more!
  • Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Just curious to know what shows everyone is planning on going to this year. Perhaps there is one listed you didn't know about. Whether it be a nothing-better-to-do type show, or that one you've been waiting years to see a particular artist. What say ye INGO?

Tickets purchased: Dermot Kennedy - March 14 @Taft Theater Cincinnati, Apocalyptica/Lacuna Coil - May 21 @ House of Blues Chicago

Possible: Incubus/311 - Sept 5 @ Noblesville, Megadeth/Lamb of God - July 3 @ Noblesville

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I would love to see Lacuna Coil again, but I hate Chicago. I just saw them in Cinci in October and it was a great show. I got a copy of the set list and met everyone before hand.

I should be at the Megadeth concert as well. I think Shinedown in April. Disturbed in Cinci....I am sure there will be more, but I don't know of any off the top of my head.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I would love to see Lacuna Coil again, but I hate Chicago. I just saw them in Cinci in October and it was a great show. I got a copy of the set list and met everyone before hand.

I should be at the Megadeth concert as well. I think Shinedown in April. Disturbed in Cinci....I am sure there will be more, but I don't know of any off the top of my head.
    I think the highlight for me will be the Chicago show. As much as I hate that city, and swore I'll never go back (last time was R.A.T.M. Battle of Los Angeles tour in '99)....I'll break that for this show. Plus the wife has never been. She needs to learn to hate it too.

I thought about disturbed, but I've seen them a few times already.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I used to be part owner of a bar on the Southside, we had the guys from Apocalyptica there and they were quite the *******s. Won’t be paying money to see them ever again.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I have seen Disturbed quite a few times and could care less. I am really in that one for Staind. They put on the best show at louder than life.

Last time i was in Chicago for a concert I saw, Motorhead, Dio, and Iron Maiden....it was ****ing amazing.

I could care less about Apocalyptica as well, google Cristina Scabbia and you might want to throw some money at the other band :)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have seen Disturbed quite a few times and could care less. I am really in that one for Staind. They put on the best show at louder than life.

Last time i was in Chicago for a concert I saw, Motorhead, Dio, and Iron Maiden....it was ****ing amazing.

I could care less about Apocalyptica as well, google Crisitina Scabbia and you might want to throw some money at the other band :)
    Damn that was a bit ago, Ronny James has been dead for a minute!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I see the Doobie Brothers are in Noblesville this year (30 July) I saw them with Chicago there a few years ago.

2021: must find Molly Hachet, I saw them in 1981, 1991, and 2011.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I see the Doobie Brothers are in Noblesville this year (30 July) I saw them with Chicago there a few years ago.

2021: must find Molly Hachet, I saw them in 1981, 1991, and 2011.
    Molly Hatchet was playing at a bowling alley in Robinson, Illinois several years back. Actually a helluva show.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

I could care less about Apocalyptica as well, google Cristina Scabbia and you might want to throw some money at the other band :)

I saw Staind on their first tour. I'll pretend I wasn't a Limp Bizkit fan back in the day (teenagers are dumb as hell). I think Korn was there as well.

Went to Maiden show last August. Not bad. I think it's time to retire though.

110% agree on Cristina. Aside from super sexy, she has an amazing voice. I really enjoy Apocalyptica. Saw them years ago in Noblesville. I actually like classical music so that's a good blend for me.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Molly Hatchet was playing at a bowling alley in Robinson, Illinois several years back. Actually a helluva show.

My first concert: saw them open for Charlie Daniels at Freedom Hall (Louisville) in 1981. 1991 I saw them (with Danny Joe Brown on vocals) at Spinnakers on Panama City Beach, FL. 2001: leave didn't line up, they were in Louisville a week after we went home. 2011: 8 Seconds Saloon on Lynhurst in Indy. Lead singer Phil McCormack gave a shout out to the Sons of Silence in the audience. He passed on last April at 58.

If I make it to a concert in 2021 it'll be four different lead singers.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Guess I need to see Megadeth before they start drawing SS?

Worst concert
    Allman brothers about 1989

Last edited:

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    My wife wants to go see Alanis Morriset and Garbage so I will probably end up at that one. I would like to go to one of the three days of Phish. I live within walking distance of the music center which makes it nice.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    My wife wants to go see Alanis Morriset and Garbage so I will probably end up at that one. I would like to go to one of the three days of Phish. I live within walking distance of the music center which makes it nice.
    My wife is going to that one with her friends. I'm ok not seeing that one.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have KISS tonight in Fort Wayne and then again in Dayton in the fall.

Also Night Ranger this summer. Will probably pick up another couple shows by someone this summer.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I’ll be at the Pretenders/Journey this summer (won free tickets), might go see GnR and Brooks & Dunn, maybe others...

We saw Journey in 2012 (saw them in 82 as well.) I know this is blasphemous to the purists but it's still Journey without Steve Perry. Without Neal Schon? Not Journey. The 2012 show at Bankers Life (Loverboy and Pat Benatar opened) was the first concert I ever had a beer thrown on me, and I've seen Molly Hatchet three times!! Then again, Molly Hatchet fans don't waste beer.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Having lived in that town as a wee lad my first thought was; "Has Molly Hatchet really fallen that hard?" Probably the bowling alley on the edge of town heading over to Palestine.

Top Bottom