Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    No. If I want my receipt checked, I'll shop at a club.

ESPECIALLY when I'm 3 shoppers deep and just want to leave. My business is done with them. I'm leaving.
    I'm just curious, why ok with it at a club, but not elsewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    I'm just curious, why ok with it at a club, but not elsewhere?

EDIT: Because if I were to join, I would have signed a membership agreement, agreeing to the terms. "I bought my ticket..." (I am not a member, just hypothetically speaking)

Last edited by Cameramonkey; 02-17-2020 at 11:47.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Because by joining, I have signed a membership agreement, agreeing to the terms. "I bought my ticket..."

So this isn't a case of their place their rules? Again, just trying to understand more than anything. I don't have much of an opinion, other than if you don't like how they conduct business don't go there is my usual stance on these things.

I don't believe anyone in private sector should be forced to do business with anyone else.

I go to Walmart so rarely I could not tell you if the one in proximity to me has started doing this or not and if they did, not sure if the purpose is to reduce "shrinkage" or they are testing some other system or what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Not that deep. I let them scan the receipt.
    Same. If it was busy and I had to stand in line for it to be scanned, however, I'd just walk by and ignore the person doing it. I normally shop at about 3AM, so it's not an issue.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Same. If it was busy and I had to stand in line for it to be scanned, however, I'd just walk by and ignore the person doing it. I normally shop at about 3AM, so it's not an issue.
    The two closest Walmarts to me aren't open 24 hours anymore, I guess because of a combination of low sales and criminals. Only open 6 a.m. to midnight. Same with Kroger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    So this isn't a case of their place their rules? Again, just trying to understand more than anything. I don't have much of an opinion, other than if you don't like how they conduct business don't go there is my usual stance on these things.

I don't believe anyone in private sector should be forced to do business with anyone else.

I go to Walmart so rarely I could not tell you if the one in proximity to me has started doing this or not and if they did, not sure if the purpose is to reduce "shrinkage" or they are testing some other system or what.
    Kinda. But I didnt agree to it before entering. Now if they start being forceful, then I'm out. as long as I am able to go about my business and not opt into their request, I'll keep shopping there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

No. If I want my receipt checked, I'll shop at a club.

ESPECIALLY when I'm 3 shoppers deep and just want to leave. My business is done with them. I'm leaving.
    No kidding. The other day, it humored me to walk my full cart past a line of six people patiently waiting for the door greeter to scan their receipts.

User Info Menu

When they ask me, I just say No Thank You and keep walking. Hasn't been an issue yet. Also, I make it a point of saying hello to them by name on my way in. Maybe being polite works

Bob

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Not that deep. I let them scan the receipt.

You should keep an old receipt in your pocket and hand it over. See if they notice
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

User Info Menu

I use "No, Thank You" keep walking. I've had the door alarms go off on me a few times when some hidden strip didn't get de-magnatized. I just looked straight ahead and kept walking. No one bothered me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast