• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I have a cordless Dewalt circular saw with a 6” blade. Runs on a 20V 5 amp battery. The last time I used (about six months ago) it it worked fine. Now, when I pull the trigger it runs for 3 or 4 seconds and shuts down. It has a feature that slows the blade as it is shut off - and it makes that same sound as it quits running when the trigger is still depressed. The battery fits a different Dewalt tool that I have and runs it fine so I don’t think it’s a bad battery.

Wondering if there is a Dewalt power tool repair facility anywhere in Indy where I could take it ? It is old enough to be out of warranty.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Try DeWalt Factory Service 317-243-8308. Been over 10 years since I was there and don't have the address in my phone. Speedway area. 5999 Crawfordsville Rd was the address, but Google is saying permanently closed.

Another place you might try is Mill Supplies, 7522 Pendleton Pike, 317-545-6904

Last edited:

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Quality Tool on the south side also does tool repair. We use them quite a bit. Depending on what model the saw is, you might be better off buying a "bare" tool. Mill Supplies can get them if its not on the shelf. Might check Lowes and Home Depot to make sure their pricing is in line....we have found sometimes the big box stores are cheaper due to buying in bulk.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a cordless Dewalt circular saw with a 6” blade. Runs on a 20V 5 amp battery. The last time I used (about six months ago) it it worked fine. Now, when I pull the trigger it runs for 3 or 4 seconds and shuts down. It has a feature that slows the blade as it is shut off - and it makes that same sound as it quits running when the trigger is still depressed. The battery fits a different Dewalt tool that I have and runs it fine so I don’t think it’s a bad battery.

Wondering if there is a Dewalt power tool repair facility anywhere in Indy where I could take it ? It is old enough to be out of warranty.

Seems like a failed trigger. Hard to say over the internet but the blade brake is engaged when you let off the trigger after a full speed run up. Might be an easy enough fix. Might be a waste of time and effort. Maybe just replace it. If you pay a shop it will be a minimum fee to inspect/diagnose. Then the part and install labor.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I would take the saw apart and test the switch with a continuity tester. Also use a jumper wire/wires to bypass the switch and see if the saw runs with the switch bypassed. I am not familiar with how the brake system is wired but i believe they are usually on a separate wire coming off the switch. There are several other websites that sell replacement parts it often times pays to check out several sites as some have better diagrams and troubleshooting tips than others on a tool by tool basis. The most up to date schematic for dewalt will be at dewaltserviceparts.net but their schematics often have poor resolution and are not user friendly.

Top Bottom