• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We've long been an UNO family. In my teen years, card "golf" became a staple too. Some others that have been played at family get togethers have been Spoon Flinch, Skip-Bo, Pit and Tri-ominos.

We recently picked up two new versions of UNO. One is called DOS, which is basically UNO but you can add two cards together to make one. Not bad.

But the new UNO Flip is awesome. The "regular" side has reduced penalty cards like draw 1 and the wild draw 2 (formally of draw four fame). Now there is a flip card where you turn your cards over to "the dark side" with Draw 5, skip everyone and my new favorite, "keep drawing until you get the color called" card. We've had several draw over 10 cards.

Clue has always been a favorite of mine but finding 3 other good players isn't that easy. Same with Euchre. I used to play every day at lunch when I worked in the factory.

Anywho. What games do you and yours enjoy playing, used to play etc?.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sequence

Center Left Right. (Fantastic party game.). We give guests $5 each and winner gets to keep. BUT, they have so much fun they throw it back to play again and the money has never left. LOL

Dice, "Ship Captain Crew" also great for small gambling or play with chips.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ticket to ride is a great family board game and it’s hard to beat exploding kittens for an easy to learn and fun card game. It literally takes 2 minutes to figure out and play.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've only recognized 2 of the games mentioned - Euchre and Uno. :): Needless to say I haven't played a lot of board/card games.

I do like Euchre. That's my favorite card game. Used to play some poker back in high school and college, but it was weird stuff. I remember my dad making fun of us when I told him what we were playing.

As far as board games go, Risk and Monopoly were my favorites. It was usually just 2 or 3 of us (late grade school/through middle school). We used to have multi-day games with both.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Hard to say a favorite. Me and my youngest play so many different board games its not funny. We have 3 versions of monopoly that we play a lot. Life, Battleship, connect 4, Jumanji, Ghost fighting treasure hunters, goosebumps, Clue and Home Alone. They all get pretty equal play time

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hard to say a favorite. Me and my youngest play so many different board games its not funny. We have 3 versions of monopoly that we play a lot. Life, Battleship, connect 4, Jumanji, Ghost fighting treasure hunters, goosebumps, Clue and Home Alone. They all get pretty equal play time

Oh, I forgot about Battleship! We did play that too as kids.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We play Dice, aka 10,000, aka Greed fairly often with friends. Yahtzee is always good.

When around family, we do Scrabble, dice games, Rummy, Pinochle, Crazy Eights, Uno, Skip Bo, Raid and some other games that are from the same company that made Uno.

We have a closet full of board games.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We play Dice, aka 10,000, aka Greed fairly often with friends. Yahtzee is always good.

When around family, we do Scrabble, dice games, Rummy, Pinochle, Crazy Eights, Uno, Skip Bo, Raid and some other games that are from the same company that made Uno.

We have a closet full of board games.

I forgot about Yahtzee. We've played that with the kids too.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Cranium is a game we got a couple of years ago. It incorporates drawing, modeling clay, acting and brain games. the good thing is each team chooses the best person to complete the challenge, rather than a shy person having to do something they are uncomfortable with.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Fluxx. Card game that the rules literally can change every turn. But its not hard, because all of the rules are on the table in front of you. And you can accidentally win because a rule change forces an opponent to play a card that makes you win. And the game can last 3 minutes, or an hour. All depends on what cards are played.

Zigity, and Cranium are good and they also have some educational aspects for the kids.

Nowhere To Go: A 2 player chess type game where you try to corner your opponent by taking turns moving and dropping blocks to prevent the other player from moving a certain path. Whoever gets boxed in and cant move loses.

For littler kids Hoot Owl Hoot. Its a cooperative game where you all work together. But its not mind numbing for adults either.

Dragonwood
    Sleeping Queens
    Telestrations: Its Pictionary and the telephone game rolled into one. HILARIOUS. We've ended rounds in absolute tears. Buy as big a game as you can, its based on dry erase markers/ proprietary books, and its cheaper to buy a bigger game and have spares than buy the game again because you wore out a book. They sell them as 4, 8, ? player versions.
    Bears vs babies
    Shadows in the forest: flashlight tag as a board game. Played in the dark and its one against the rest where you move a mini lantern around a 3D forest board while the others cooperate and try to hide characters behind trees. If they get lit up by the lantern as it moves, they are out. If they out maneuver you, they win.
    Wild Wool Lego game.
    Scrambled States of America.

Quite a few of these are great for homeschoolers because they are educational, but not overbearing and boring.

Many of the games above can be found at Target, but some will require a trip to a game store or Amazon.

Dicecapades is also good. A crap ton of dice of every imaginable type. And it challenges you to do stunts and stuff using the various dice. From trying to see if you can roll a yatzee in 30 seconds to stacking 5 1/8" size dice in 30 seconds, to rolling pictogram dice to tell a story in 30 seconds.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On a related note is a variation of Uno: Cutthroat rules.

its simple. Only 2 new rules:
    1: All draw cards are "stackable"; If somebody plays a draw 2, you either draw 2 or lay another draw 2 and the next schmuck now has a draw 4. Lather, rinse repeat until some poor soul has to draw a TON of cards.
    2: If you cant play a card, you dont draw one and let the next person go. You draw until you can play something.

Oh, and Skip Bo is also good. Multi player Solitare, essentially. See who can run out of cards first while you build stacks of cards in numeric order in the center of the table.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    My current favorites are Star Realms, Hero Realms, and Dice Throne. I also have a once a month game with friends where we play Munchkin.

Top Bottom