Anyone confirm Mouse-X rodent bait works?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    For YEARS my parents used D-Con rodent baits in their very rural house to kill the mice that would inevitably get into the attic from the surrounding woods and fields. They swore by them.

Fast forward and now the old style D-Con trays are no longer made. Mom ran out and so she tried Mouse-X and she swears that they just eat the bait and have a party.

Anyone use the Mouse-X trays and can confirm they work? I see them eat the ones in my suburban mini barn and see no droppings or damage. So I think they are working. Has anyone used it and actually found carcasses to confirm they work?

This is the stuff:
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/MouseX-2-Count-Ready-to-Use-Mouse-Bait-Station/1000394747

I'd love to be able to give her concrete examples of their effectiveness, because my lack of damage and droppings isnt enough apparently. Like a mob boss, she wants to see bodies before she will accept they're dead. :):

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    D-Con doesn't make the trays anymore, but you can get the same poison pellets in little paper packets at Rural King.

Sorry, no experience with Mouse-X.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have 2 ex wives that mysteriously died of rodent poisoning. The 3rd one died of choking. She wouldn't eat the rat poison!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    D-Con doesn't make the trays anymore, but you can get the same poison pellets in little paper packets at Rural King.

Sorry, no experience with Mouse-X.

I'll let her know. And to singlestack, I'm not sure how they would have a resistance since she just started using it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Bodies...

20200107-170506.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...iveASIN=B078GC624P&linkCode=as2&tag=jdteta-20

Ref:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/476252-mice-my-truck.html?476252=#post8139591

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I bought one of those, but CM was too smart for it. He'd just sit beside it and lick the PB. B*****d even had the gall to bring his own crackers and jelly!

But seriously, I didnt feel comfy with such a gruesome, slow death. I'd rather they go to sleep, or maybe have convulsions for a few minutes, not spend an hour or two panicked, swimming. But to each their own. I just threw mine out.

And having to remember to put antifreeze in the water this time of year sucked.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I bought one of those, but CM was too smart for it. He'd just sit beside it and lick the PB. B*****d even had the gall to bring his own crackers and jelly!

But seriously, I didnt feel comfy with such a gruesome, slow death. I'd rather they go to sleep, or maybe have convulsions for a few minutes, not spend an hour or two panicked, swimming. But to each their own. I just threw mine out.

And having to remember to put antifreeze in the water this time of year sucked.

The destructions stated that you could use saw dust to relocate the vermin alive, if you chose.

The swimming death taking hours is news to me. Wonder how long the poison takes vs the swimming death?

Up until this new discovery, I've caught many hundred mice with just the standard Victor. An almond superglued to the trigger. Death is pretty much instant with the standard mouse trap.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. I dont mind killing them. I just want to do so as painlessly as possible. But I wont tell others not to use them. To each their own.

And I think the poison is a bit less traumatic because they dont know whats coming. If you poison them, they start feeling ill and have no idea whats going on. Dunk them and they instinctively know that they are going to drown unless they can find a way out... and holy F***k there is no way out.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I bought one off Amazon. Have yet to get a mouse up there to give it a go. I might need to put some bait on the ramp going up the bucket or something so the mice know how to get to the plank. :dunno:

Yes. they need a reason to go up the plank .

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I use this

Final Blox Rodenticide

Got a pail from my bug guy. Works great, although a bit gruesome. They ingest it and when they get water they bleed out.

You can get the little tamper proof boxes to put the blocks in, but I usually screw then to the floor or wall. This way I can see if they are still being eaten.

Obviously you don't do this inside the finished rooms as that would look bad. In an attic or basement I have no worries. If they have a cat or dog that likes to eat dead things make sure you watch for them. I have heard that they would have to eat a lot of the critters before they got sick, but I wouldn't chance it. Same as any poison I guess.

Box stores sell a different brand that looks the same but doesn't have the same speedy results.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My homemade almond butter lured a couple mice into the bucket right away in the old barn. When I put the other bucket, set up the same way, under the house, a couple more swam pretty quick also. I didn't bait the ramps.

It's been a while and no further mice. Don't know whether I got them all or they are on to me?

Top Bottom