• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    'Walker, Texas Ranger' gets woke reboot, to star 'gay, conservative' character

Fans of the original may be less than thrilled

Beloved CBS show "Walker, Texas Ranger" is set for a reboot, but some fans may be less than thrilled to hear that the show is also slated to undergo a couple of woke changes.

For instance, Sgt. Cordell Walker's new partner will be a woman and his younger brother will be gay.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/walker-texas-ranger-gets-woke-reboot "

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    'Walker, Texas Ranger' gets woke reboot, to star 'gay, conservative' character

Fans of the original may be less than thrilled

Beloved CBS show "Walker, Texas Ranger" is set for a reboot, but some fans may be less than thrilled to hear that the show is also slated to undergo a couple of woke changes.

For instance, Sgt. Cordell Walker's new partner will be a woman and his younger brother will be gay.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/walker-texas-ranger-gets-woke-reboot "

Gasp, a woman partner and a gay brother! Why is the leftist media forcing these obviously uncommon things, meant to placate the woke masses, upon us? I wish they'd go back to the days of old, ya know the realistic days when Walker deferred to Karate over his sidearm, fought bears, and could stare down a wolf. :dunno:

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I just wish we could go back to the days when writers came up with original story lines. I know there have always been re-boots to some extent. Just seems there are no new original story lines that are worth following. Instead it is more popular to ruin old ones with a re-boot. To each their own though. I never watched the original Walker, so it means little to me what they are doing in this particular case.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I just wish we could go back to the days when writers came up with original story lines. I know there have always been re-boots to some extent. Just seems there are no new original story lines that are worth following. Instead it is more popular to ruin old ones with a re-boot. To each their own though. I never watched the original Walker, so it means little to me what they are doing in this particular case.

Now this I agree with. I loved the old WTR, but any fan can tell you it had some pretty "out there" stuff (i.e. an Indian Ghost murderer). Studios don't have a lot of ideas, and what they do is they try to reach out to different audiences rather than simple follow an old rehash. It makes sense, to try, monetarily. You get the old fans (maybe), and new ones who are open to seeing roles they identify with portrayed on screen.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Now this I agree with. I loved the old WTR, but any fan can tell you it had some pretty "out there" stuff (i.e. an Indian Ghost murderer). Studios don't have a lot of ideas, and what they do is they try to reach out to different audiences rather than simple follow an old rehash. It makes sense, to try, monetarily. You get the old fans (maybe), and new ones who are open to seeing roles they identify with portrayed on screen.

It has gone way to far though. Reboots of Hawaii 50, Magnum PI, how many different movies? And then most of the other tv shows are reality themed, or music/dance type programming. All of the late night talk shows are just regurgitated politics. I guess the positive side of this is I do not spend much time in front of a television.

Is there really that much of a lack of creativity where nobody can write some new, interesting story lines? Sad, really sad.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I would hope Chuck shows up on an episode as the bad guy and kicks the living **** out of all of them...of course that wouldn't fit the narrative.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    joPd71h.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    When I saw the thread I jokingly thought to myself that they were going to make Walker either a woman, gay or both lol. Not quite that drastic but they did manage to throw their SJW nonsense in there. It wouldn't be a re-boot now if they didn't try to pander in some way I guess. I'll pass.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    When I saw the thread I jokingly thought to myself that they were going to make Walker either a woman, gay or both lol. Not quite that drastic but they did manage to throw their SJW nonsense in there. It wouldn't be a re-boot now if they didn't try to pander in some way I guess. I'll pass.

But even if they give him a gun, I'm sure they'll make him Barney Carry.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Gasp, a woman partner and a gay brother! Why is the leftist media forcing these obviously uncommon things, meant to placate the woke masses, upon us? I wish they'd go back to the days of old, ya know the realistic days when Walker deferred to Karate over his sidearm, fought bears, and could stare down a wolf. :dunno:

:chuck::shady:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well I for one am outraged that the new lead isn't transgendered. This is a direct assault on all this country needs to stand for.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I'd just like to chime in and say that the new Hawaii 5-0 is a pretty decent show.

Rebooting Walker, regardless of SJW additions, just doesn't seem right, though. Particularly if the new lead doesn't do regular ass beatings, like at least once an episode.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The "New" Walker is actually from Texas BTW, and I hadn't known (until today) that Chuck Norris was from Texas's bitter rival Oklahoma.

Top Bottom