• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I'm all for fixing our interstates, but closing the west side down for a month in each direction, again, is :wallbash:. This should have been done last summer when they did a half-assed job on the rest of the project.

indy-contracts-for-mallory-02-19-2020-page-001_crop.jpg

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    Omfg!! Not more of this .. good god I hate indot! I can’t understand why they think it’s a good idea to create gridlock around the entire county instead of overnight road closures? Also extremely dangerous for commuters.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So it's "just" I-70 this time? If so, this won't affect me unlike the 465 closures did last year (other than heavier traffic on 465 that will be likely).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I know the traffic volumes are night and day different but that looks better (the expected durations) than the 7 month nightmare INDOT unleashed on us down here on IN-37 last year. Day upon day of single-lane frustration while equipment sets idle in the other lanes--it's a wonder road rage incidents didn't skyrocket down here. I knew it would suck but even I couldn't imagine how sadistic INDOT could be.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I know the traffic volumes are night and day different but that looks better (the expected durations) than the 7 month nightmare INDOT unleashed on us down here on IN-37 last year. Day upon day of single-lane frustration while equipment sets idle in the other lanes--it's a wonder road rage incidents didn't skyrocket down here. I knew it would suck but even I couldn't imagine how sadistic INDOT could be.
    Yeah, it's going to get real messy between Martinsville and Indy now. Might have to find an alternate route to the gun range once that gets going.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Hey at least you don't have to deal with the I-69 construction from Martinsville north! They're close to starting that mess this spring and that is my daily route. Although it should only be several years before it's completed.:n00b:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hey at least you don't have to deal with the I-69 construction from Martinsville north! They're close to starting that mess this spring and that is my daily route. Although it should only be several years before it's completed.:n00b:

When that train wreck was happening between Bloomington and Martinsville...boy, am I glad I didn't have to drive that very often! Even after they took the project over from that clown contractor, it was bad but at least progress started getting made. Hopefully that next phase, as bad as it may be, won't take as long as the previous phase.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    When that train wreck was happening between Bloomington and Martinsville...boy, am I glad I didn't have to drive that very often! Even after they took the project over from that clown contractor, it was bad but at least progress started getting made. Hopefully that next phase, as bad as it may be, won't take as long as the previous phase.

Yeah I think the state learned a lot from that cluster flop. As long as I can get across 37 I'm doing pretty good, even if that becomes an issue I can always use Mann Road. Of course several thousand other people are probably thinking the same thing.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    People will complain, loudly, when projects need done - crumbling lanes and bridges.

People will complain, loudly, when projects are being worked on.

INDOT (and local agencies) can't win. They're always in a lose-lose situation.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING!!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Wait...what are we complaining about?
    Right. Traffic. Don't go out driving. Just stay home and drink. :):

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Omfg!! Not more of this .. good god I hate indot! I can’t understand why they think it’s a good idea to create gridlock around the entire county instead of overnight road closures? Also extremely dangerous for commuters.

Just be glad that the City ISN'T FIXING ANYTHING.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I hope in this construction that Indiana doesn't use the railroad engineers that designed 465. Who in the heck designs an interstate in a major city with almost no exits? Stupidest thing I have ever seen! There should be an exit and entrance every 1 mile at most. 465 on the North and South sides is nearly worthless.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I hope in this construction that Indiana doesn't use the railroad engineers that designed 465. Who in the heck designs an interstate in a major city with almost no exits? Stupidest thing I have ever seen! There should be an exit and entrance every 1 mile at most. 465 on the North and South sides is nearly worthless.

Well it is pretty sparsely populated on the southside and northside. I'm sure even more so when originally built. So you're suggesting 55 exits?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    See, I feel the opposite. Ever driven through Louisville? I think there's an exit for everybody's driveway. They're called "limited access" highways for a reason. And I live on the southside, so I've got Emerson, 65, 31 and 37 just one right after the other. :dunno: Plenty of surface roads to take if one doesn't like the interstate.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The whole problem with this mess is that it's government work paid for with our tax dollars. The people we elect don't have the nads to run on fixing this mess. When they are elected, they are sucked into the swamp that we fund.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    The whole problem with this mess is that it's government work paid for with our tax dollars. The people we elect don't have the nads to run on fixing this mess. When they are elected, they are sucked into the swamp that we fund.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bwframe again.

You win the interwebz.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone notice that we already have potholes on the stretch of 465 they closed last summer? JFC! They started opening up around the first of the year. (especially WB between 37 and Mann)

Not even lasting a season now. I hope there is a warranty of some kind where the contractors have to repair them at no cost to the state for a period because thats ridiculous.

Top Bottom