The Denny theory; is there a possibility you've had Covid19?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    In the main Coronavirus thread our friend Denny has mentioned a few times that there is a distinct possibility that Covid19 has been with us for months, infecting us while we were not aware of what it was.

"Probably thousands more who were sick and recovered who had no idea what this bug even was. I strongly believe my co-workers and I dealt with this back in December thinking it was a really bad flu even though some of the kids tested negative. It was strange how their blood pressure went through the floor, they passed out or started seizing...from the flu. Severe dehydration, fever, body aches, cough. There was no way to test for it at the time. I wonder if there is an antibody left behind after recovering that would tell someone they had the Coronavirus?"

I have asked questions, challenged, and argued about this.

But. I can see how I could be wrong and I wanted to ask INGO their opinion.

So the question for you: Do you or anyone you know think that you may have had an unidentified virus or flu-like symptoms that fits with the corona virus and it just was not identified, sometime in the past 4 or 6 months?

The thing that's changed my mind is that a fellow trustee at church is absolutely convinced she had it, they could not identify it at the time (December), they just ruled out everything that it wasn't and told her she'd have to get over it. Cough, sore throat, 1 day of fever and aches, lingering sore throat and congestion. We worked together one Sunday and she was visibly ill (the things we're learning!) and soon I was ill, same progression of symptoms. I happened to be going in for a regular physical and just had a mild sore throat, that night the fever hit but I chalked it up to something I ate or getting a tetanus shot. That was three weeks ago and I still have a lingering non-productive cough. I guess it's productive in the sense that it can clear out a grocery aisle.

Can we get an INGO proof to my (well Denny's) theorem?
    How many?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    We're about 50% convinced a guy at work brought a case of it back with him from Arizona and transferred it to the only coworker within his vicinity. The case study is pretty much perfect for "undocumented corona" it as both guys were healthy, athletic, mid-30s, and just got sick and got better after a couple of weeks.

Where the 50% doubt comes in is that one of the guys has 3 small kids and none of them got super sick... Everything else checks out though.

Everything checks out for a bad cold too? So... :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    The Boss and I have both had something, her's started late Jan and mine mid Feb and we're still feeling it. Boss even spent a couple days in hospital with breathing problems and dehydration. Both of us have tested negative for the flu. We've also had every symptom of the Wuflu. Supposedly the virus only lives a couple of days outside the body but, she'd gotten a package of craft stuff from China almost exactly 2 weeks before she got sick, it was ~2-3 weeks en-route.

Oh, and talk about clearing an aisle? I've had horrendous gas to go along with it, and take great delight in crop dusting in Walmart. :laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WE have young ones attending the local Petri dish's so it is really hard to say as we share most of the latest advances in chemical warfare for those facility's.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm saying yes. Cold related fevers are usually only a 24 hour affair for me. End of January, cold symptoms, fever for a few days. On day 3 I went to see if it was strep because of the soar throat & fever. Knew it wasn't flu, no GI issues. They said no strep, just a virus. Back to bed I went. The fever ended shortly thereafter but the congestion and cough did linger for a while. Also have a pair of two year olds that can't keep fingers out of their mouths attending daycare. If it's out there, we've had it. On another note, our daycare seems to be the only one making a sane rational decision, they are staying open until they have a confirmed case of the virus.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I went thru something similar in December, not nearly as symptomatic and only lasted a week. I'm not one to run for the Dr at.the drop.of a hat but the wife was convinced at the time that I should have gone.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    During the president’s press conference, didn’t one of the people on the stage say something like (not sure of the number) way over 50% of the Covid19 tests that have been completed have come back negative? While I wouldn’t be surprised to find that the Covid19 virus has been here longer than we imagined, but I’ll bet there are lots of bugs out there that aren’t the flu but aren’t Covid19 either.

(Interesting thing I just noticed, apparently Covid19 is in the Apple lexicon now. I can type the first letters and it autocorrects to Covid19). :D

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    At my age, I can pretty much guarantee I haven't had it. Every source I've heard or read says if you're under 50 you're unlikely to be very sick if you do get coronavirus. Us 70+ folk, OTOH, may have a serious issue. I have plenty of TP, though. I should be OK.

The sky is falling. It hit me on the sports channels!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    WE have young ones attending the local Petri dish's so it is really hard to say as we share most of the latest advances in chemical warfare for those facility's.
    My better half is a kindergarten teacher and is surprisingly healthy but I know what you mean! She sends kids to the nurse nearly daily that never should have come to school.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    At my age, I can pretty much guarantee I haven't had it. Every source I've heard or read says if you're under 50 you're unlikely to be very sick if you do get coronavirus. Us 70+ folk, OTOH, may have a serious issue. I have plenty of TP, though. I should be OK.

The sky is falling. It hit me on the sports channels!
    I just turned 51.

Had a great conversation with my oldest yesterday, he called it the boomer doomer disease.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I haven’t been following coronavirus closely, but it seems it’s killing younger people as well from what I’ve seen? Is that incorrect, or just a probability game?

It just depends who you ask, really. I think it's pretty obvious that the older folks are more at risk, but there are definitely risk factors associated with any age. Heart disease, diabetes, ongoing immunotherapy treatments, asthma, etc. If you have an at risk person in your circle I believe you should be paying attention, that's for sure.
    There are some stories coming out that state a perfectly healthy (ok how do they really know?) 30 something gets sick and falls over dead in a day or two, but those stories are incidental at this point to me. It's either a cover up or someone fanning the flames but I don't know which.

It's only a 75 page 3000 post thread, you should read it. Apply purple as necessary.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It just depends who you ask, really. I think it's pretty obvious that the older folks are more at risk, but there are definitely risk factors associated with any age. Heart disease, diabetes, ongoing immunotherapy treatments, asthma, etc. If you have an at risk person in your circle I believe you should be paying attention, that's for sure.
    There are some stories coming out that state a perfectly healthy (ok how do they really know?) 30 something gets sick and falls over dead in a day or two, but those stories are incidental at this point to me. It's either a cover up or someone fanning the flames but I don't know which.

It's only a 75 page 3000 post thread, you should read it. Apply purple as necessary.

Lol, ya I’ve read a few pages here and there, but it seems there’s a lot of conflicting reports and I’m not sure how much we REALLY know about this virus at the moment. I think there’s precautions we should all take to minimize our chances of getting it. I’m curious what they’ll learn about the virus once all this passes. Regardless what the effects are per age, doesn’t sound like something I wanna risk catching and finding out.

As far as if people have had it before and not known, I find it unlikely. The reason I find it unlikely is given its infection rate I’m sure it would have been as big of a deal then as it is now. Look how people are going crazy over this, and it’s still spreading like fire. If people thought it was the regular flu it would be spreading 5x faster, so if it’s been here longer half the country would have been infected by now.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes, but until there is a test for past exposure it is only speculation.

This is what I am interested to see.

Also, wonder if it is possible to have both this virus and the flu. How many folks are they telling to go home after testing them for the flu and them being positive for that, and don't test any further. Seems like it would be possible to have both viruses at the same time and that testing positive for the flu, doesn't rule out other stuff (?)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Lol, ya I’ve read a few pages here and there, but it seems there’s a lot of conflicting reports and I’m not sure how much we REALLY know about this virus at the moment. I think there’s precautions we should all take to minimize our chances of getting it. I’m curious what they’ll learn about the virus once all this passes. Regardless what the effects are per age, doesn’t sound like something I wanna risk catching and finding out.

As far as if people have had it before and not known, I find it unlikely. The reason I find it unlikely is given its infection rate I’m sure it would have been as big of a deal then as it is now. Look how people are going crazy over this, and it’s still spreading like fire. If people thought it was the regular flu it would be spreading 5x faster, so if it’s been here longer half the country would have been infected by now.
    I've been riveted to the whole thread. Some is wild speculation, some is denial, and I believe I can see (through my very own normalcy bias) the middle. There are quite a few that are not surprised at anything that is happening right now, and there is more to come before it gets better.
    To your second point, that's what I thought less than a week ago but I'm changing my mind. We didn't know what to call it. At the same time your last line makes sense. Time will tell.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    This is what I am interested to see.

Also, wonder if it is possible to have both this virus and the flu. How many folks are they telling to go home after testing them for the flu and them being positive for that, and don't test any further. Seems like it would be possible to have both viruses at the same time and that testing positive for the flu, doesn't rule out other stuff (?)
    All I know is we were told negative for strep and whatever flu they tested for, it was an "i don't know" from the dr.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My son and I suspect there is a chance we had it a month ago. Had the same pattern: High fever for about a day, then feeling like hell for a couple days, then another wave of low grade fever, then finally gone. That one two punch of fevers is VERY odd and mirrors CV symptoms.

I've had a PND induced cough since Thanksgiving when I caught the first of many illnesses. (I have allergies so I ALWAYS have PND. Always) Its much better now, but in the last week I'll be fine, then out of the blue I'll feel a BAD and intense tickle deep down in my throat that makes me have a SUPER violent coughing fit for about 10 seconds or so. Then it eases up and goes away.

Cant wait for spring so it will go away. (I have the persistent cough thing every winter)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My son and I suspect there is a chance we had it a month ago. Had the same pattern: High fever for about a day, then feeling like hell for a couple days, then another wave of low grade fever, then finally gone. That one two punch of fevers is VERY odd and mirrors CV symptoms.

I've had a PND induced cough since Thanksgiving when I caught the first of many illnesses. (I have allergies so I ALWAYS have PND. Always) Its much better now, but in the last week I'll be fine, then out of the blue I'll feel a BAD and intense tickle deep down in my throat that makes me have a SUPER violent coughing fit for about 10 seconds or so. Then it eases up and goes away.

Cant wait for spring so it will go away. (I have the persistent cough thing every winter)

Take albuterol nhaler with a spacer for your post-infectious bronchospasm

Top Bottom