• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don’t think I’ve ever bought anything from them. I did save a hat I got from them when the NRA convention was in town a couple years ago. Maybe I’ll use it if I run out of toilet paper.

Clipper Strip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2020
    Marion County
    Yes. Capitalism sucks, as does the supply and demand theorem. CTD are free to charge as they please, and one is free as to whether one does business with them or not. Seems many are all for freedom and liberty 'gov leave me alone' up until the point things get a little spicy, then it's time for almighty gov to step in and give crap away to save us all.

Meanwhile, we be skinnin' our smoke wagons at the Costco TP aisle: https://fox59.com/news/coronavirus/...nce-while-shopping-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/

We seem to be a very frail and delicate people these days. What happens when things get REALLY interesting?

Last edited:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Yes. Capitalism sucks, as does the supply and demand theorem. CTD are free to charge as they please, and one is free as to whether one does business with them or not. Seems many are all for freedom and liberty 'gov leave me alone' up until the point things get a little spicy, then it's time for almighty gov to step in and give crap away to save us all.

Meanwhile, we be skinnin' our smoke wagons at the Costco TP aisle: https://fox59.com/news/coronavirus/...nce-while-shopping-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/

We seem to be a very frail and delicate people these days. What happens when things get REALLY interesting?

Absolutely CTD can charge whatever they want, but this great country, which you so politely reminded us we all live in, also allows me the freedom to call them greedy mother *******.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Absolutely CTD can charge whatever they want, but this great country, which you so politely reminded us we all live in, also allows me the freedom to call them greedy mother *******.

They are doing exactly what companies are supposed to do in a panic buying situation, raise the price to curb hoarding. If more companies did that then we wouldn't have people hoarding TP or fighting over it. The real greed here comes from those that want to hoard on the cheap.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Charging $44 for a box of Winchester 9mm isn't what I would call noble. They're scumbags hoping they can take advantage of the many idiots this world seems to have an abundance of.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Charging $44 for a box of Winchester 9mm isn't what I would call noble. They're scumbags hoping they can take advantage of the many idiots this world seems to have an abundance of.

If charging $44 for a box of 9mm is what it takes to convince those that don't really need a box of 9mm from buying it and thus ensuring it is available for those that do really need it, then the market has functioned correctly. Nobility has nothing to do with it though maintaining a supply at a high price would likely seem more noble to someone truly in need than those that keep pricing that ensures shortages and encourages hoarders.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I wonder if the add-on bidet sales have gone through the roof yet :dunno:

And I also agree, I'm not sure who still buys from CTD? Maybe the newer gun owners?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    If charging $44 for a box of 9mm is what it takes to convince those that don't really need a box of 9mm from buying it and thus ensuring it is available for those that do really need it, then the market has functioned correctly. Nobility has nothing to do with it though maintaining a supply at a high price would likely seem more noble to someone truly in need than those that keep pricing that ensures shortages and encourages hoarders.

Someone tell Amazon and Ebay they're tearing at the fabric of our economic system since they shut down all the free wheeling capitalists trying to make an honest buck on masks and sanitizers.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Someone tell Amazon and Ebay they're tearing at the fabric of our economic system since they shut down all the free wheeling capitalists trying to make an honest buck on masks and sanitizers.

Hooray for Amazon and Ebay making a bunch of masks and sanitizer unavailable to the public(and never mind the reduction in supply and competition)! If only other retailers could have done something like, i don't know... raising their prices commensurate with the increased demand to curb said "free wheeling capitalists".

Top Bottom