Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

INGO Small Business Owners

I know there are several of us here on INGO. I was thinking this may be a good place for us to get together and see how we are doing. Also, post about any assistance which may or may not be coming for us. If the mods feel this is a ****y idea you will not hurt my feelings by deleting it.

I have owned a Forest River RV dealership in Fort Wayne for 12 years. Last year was a really bad year in the RV industry and I blew through a lot of savings to save the business. If this situation last too long I will not have a choice but to close. February was crazy busy and even up until 10 days ago I was moving units as fast as they were coming in then it was like someone turn off the spigot. The other issue I am having is my finance companies who I use so I can purchase units have cut us off, not just us, but all dealers nation wide. I have pretty much come to the realization I will be losing the business and while it stinks there is nothing I can do.

I hope you are fairing better.
    Last edited by Super Bee; 03-20-2020 at 19:28.

Expert

User Info Menu

FWIW, RV suppliers are doing no better. It's going to be a rough road for the entire industry for awhile and it seems every president really doesn't like seeing Elkhart at 25% unemployment. So... Maybe some hope?

User Info Menu

Do you have a website Super Bee where I can look at inventory. We have thought about upgrading my old Toy hauler, and if I decide to do that, Id rather give the money to a INGO member than some business you dont know what they stand for.
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

owner/ operator of www.aaoptics.com

full line vortex dealer

contact me at alan@aaoptics.com

User Info Menu

Getting orders in in advance of the "shutdown" from a bunch of my customers, thank you!.
    I'm going to be working "remotely" for a bit. I'm still doing setup and prep, ordering etc. Phone, Fax and Email.

Howard County has "non essential" business closed and orange travel. This is BEYOND national and state guidelines.

My business is pretty ****ing essential to me and my employees. Closing like this can definitely put a place out of business.

I'm sure I'll be here "cleaning" the next two weeks anyhow. Doors locked to the public.

The ripple effect of this is going to go on for a "bit" longer than two weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

WE do HVAC work. Mainly new system installs. Service what we install and for friends/family but our main thing is new systems.
    Always slow over the winter. No worries we love the downtime over the Holidays. Word of mouth and all.

I had 5 quotes out and all 5 had been accepted with 2 absolutely requiring new equipment 1 due to a fire and the other has no heat. Furnace is dead.
    Those 2 have deposits down and the equipment/duct work is staged and ready the no heat will be done tomorrow.

The 3 that were by choice upgrades to prep the house to sell have all canceled. They feel selling is a no brainer right now as the world has pretty much come to a halt. We have nothing else in our pipeline. I am not looking for anything in this current situation unless it is a dire need. Folks can bump through this mediocre weather until spring. So after these 2 go in we are dead in the water.

My SIL is my main help. He has a job but works off his rent (I own the house the terrorists live in next door) and he has come to enjoy living basically rent free just giving me 2 or 3 Saturdays a month so this will effect him and his family as well.

We will get through this but no new truck for the mouse this year. I know, real world problem when so many have it pretty hard right now and it will get harder.

We do help out in the area when we can for those who really need it. We take the old systems that can be repaired/rebuilt and use them in situations of hardship with people that are truly needy. We did 2 last summer and there will be another one to do if I can find the parts. Fixed income people of age. Single mothers struggling. Makes no difference. If we can help we will. That's what we use the still running units for on the up-grades we do. With out the used units we will be dead in this aspect as well.

To all, I pray we all find a way to get clear of this.

Thanks China.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

My wife owns an after school science education business. Schools closed means zero income for her as long as this goes. Having a bunch of kids at our house for classes isn't going to work for sanitary and space reasons.
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

“There's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.” - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

User Info Menu

Not much of a worry with my day job. Agriculture being what it is and working in support of farmers pretty much keeps me employed. My training business is already taking a hit. Not that it was a large portion of my income, but it helped. My biggest worry is my wife's beauty salon. A total shutdown would severely impact her business and a major portion of our income. I'm trying to stay upbeat, but she is worried to death.

It's good to see InGoers helping each other and folks like the mouse helping those in need. If we stick together, we'll all be ok.
    Rifleman
    NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    USPSA NROI

Adaptive Consulting & Training
    Riley Conservation Club

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To Prevail...you must ACT!

Expert

User Info Menu

Wishing you the best of luck, S.B. I feel like this will mostly pass us by within a month, and we can try to piece things back together. I do printing in Schererville, and like Printcraft, we can do some work remotely through email, phone and fax. My computer graphics people are set up to work from home, so as long as I can drive the 8 miles from home to work, I can press the print button and continue to serve my clients and bring in a little revenue to avoid total chaos. After 35 years in business, I'm in a little better position than many, with reserves that will last at least through the end of the year, and have assured my employees they have a paycheck and insurance through that time period no matter what, and I think that was somewhat comforting to them. My biggest concern, business wise, are the many startup companies I do work for, restaurants in particular. Sadly, many of them will not survive this, no matter how much .gov tries to help. Best wishes for all small business in Indiana, and every Hoosier for that matter.

Steve

p.s. SB, there may be .gov low interest loans and other monies to help you stay afloat, as this all gets sorted out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bee View Post
    I know there are several of us here on INGO. I was thinking this may be a good place for us to get together and see how we are doing. Also, post about any assistance which may or may not be coming for us. If the mods feel this is a ****y idea you will not hurt my feelings by deleting it.

I have owned a Forest River RV dealership in Fort Wayne for 12 years. Last year was a really bad year in the RV industry and I blew through a lot of savings to save the business. If this situation last too long I will not have a choice but to close. February was crazy busy and even up until 10 days ago I was moving units as fast as they were coming in then it was like someone turn off the spigot. The other issue I am having is my finance companies who I use so I can purchase units have cut us off, not just us, but all dealers nation wide. I have pretty much come to the realization I will be losing the business and while it stinks there is nothing I can do.

I hope you are fairing better.
    I work for a woodworking Co. that makes parts for the rec. market. We manufacture exclusively for REV. They have 10 chassis left to work with. I can see this being a very short week.
    Just because you're at the center of the Universe doesn't mean you're in it.

User Info Menu

My wife and her best friend are business partners & own/run a small, yard sign, celebration type of business. I'm expecting her graduation season (busiest season for them) to take a hit. Their business has changed a bit last several days as families are requesting signs outside of some senior living facilities so that their elderly loved ones (that they cannot visit currently) can see them through the windows. They also got a request from a bunch of these same facilities for signs to show appreciation for staff, etc. Kind of cool to see how folks want to inspire others during this time.

My wife has a serious heart condition, and so though she would normally be helping with setups as well as doing all the office work, she has quarantined up to stay out of direct contact as much as possible and is doing all office work and having her partner do setups. Minimal contact with people as setups are outside (usually done in evening to allow for surprise for intended recipients, all is paid online, etc.

Last edited by WebSnyper; 03-21-2020 at 12:17.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast