Does a national emergency make poaching ok?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All these idiots keep buying all the meat.....I may end up having to act like Jed Clampett and go shooting for some food.

There's meat out there brother. It is listed in all the ongoing threads. Custom butcher shops. Mexican stores.

Ranger smith will likely bust one off in your tail section for poaching.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    We're not even close to bad enough to justify poaching. IF it ever got that bad (and that's a big if), there's a lot of geese that would become food.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I went to 3 different butcher shops/meat markets and they were all out....a couple said it could be 2-3 weeks. Moody's in Avon said they get it in, put it out and people buy it up immediately, but I aint paying $15 a pound for steak. This morning at 7am there was a 1/2 mile long line to get in Krogers, not kidding. ValuMart in Mooresville, hasn't had nothing to speak of this week. It sells as quick as they get it. Wal Mart had brats, turkey necks and calf livers.......all the meat they had. So I stocked up on brats....wife did get a ham today from someone and found a pack of bacon, so guess bambi can live another week.

I remember when I was a kid my dad would go shoot deer whenever my memaw needed food for a throw down and was out of chickens, but we were a little bit redneck, well a lot. I was raised on rabbit, squirrel, deer and fish. Maybe I will start out with fish.....and use that as my gateway.

Funny thing is, we have more meat in the US right now than we have cold storage for...so I imagine they will catch up with supply and demand soon. Hope they do before I get too much of a craving for red meat.

https://www.ellinghuysen.com/articl...urge_on_coronavirus/ellinghuysen/article.html

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I went to 3 different butcher shops/meat markets and they were all out....a couple said it could be 2-3 weeks. Moody's in Avon said they get it in, put it out and people buy it up immediately, but I aint paying $15 a pound for steak. This morning at 7am there was a 1/2 mile long line to get in Krogers, not kidding. ValuMart in Mooresville, hasn't had nothing to speak of this week. It sells as quick as they get it. Wal Mart had brats, turkey necks and calf livers.......all the meat they had. So I stocked up on brats....wife did get a ham today from someone and found a pack of bacon, so guess bambi can live another week.

I remember when I was a kid my dad would go shoot deer whenever my memaw needed food for a throw down and was out of chickens, but we were a little bit redneck, well a lot. I was raised on rabbit, squirrel, deer and fish. Maybe I will start out with fish.....and use that as my gateway.

Funny thing is, we have more meat in the US right now than we have cold storage for...so I imagine they will catch up with supply and demand soon. Hope they do before I get too much of a craving for red meat.

https://www.ellinghuysen.com/articl...urge_on_coronavirus/ellinghuysen/article.html

Then I guess you wont eat steak.....:):

:stickpoke:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

I'll just put it out there for you or anybody else: If it really does get that bad where ever you're shopping, I've got a whole frozen turkey you can come get. I was thinking about cooking it up next week, but I absolutely don'tneed it. I was just going to cook it off to get rid of it as it's been sitting in the freezer at work since they gave it to me at Thanksgiving and it needs cooked up soon anyhow.

You can stretch a turkey out for weeks if you need to.

Anyhow.. Offer stands, but I'm gonna cook it soon-ish, so... Come get it if you need it.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I'll just put it out there for you or anybody else: If it really does get that bad where ever you're shopping, I've got a whole frozen turkey you can come get. I was thinking about cooking it up next week, but I absolutely don'tneed it. I was just going to cook it off to get rid of it as it's been sitting in the freezer at work since they gave it to me at Thanksgiving and it needs cooked up soon anyhow.

You can stretch a turkey out for weeks if you need to.

Anyhow.. Offer stands, but I'm gonna cook it soon-ish, so... Come get it if you need it.

Thank you very much for that offer....that is very kind of you and if you were closer I would take you up on it. Maybe someone on here can use it, if not, think of me when you eat one of them turkey legs! You are right, you can make a lot of meals out of a turkey. I didn't realize the wife got a whole ham today and had part sliced. I should be good to go until they get some more, I can make a lot of different things with a ham. Dr said I was too fat yesterday at physical, so maybe missing a huge meal or 2 will do me good, lol.

I really do appreciate your offer. Thanks again.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    giphy.gif

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    There's meat out there brother. It is listed in all the ongoing threads. Custom butcher shops. Mexican stores.

Ranger smith will likely bust one off in your tail section for poaching.

They're profiteering on meat like they are on bleach, hand cleaner, soaps, etc. Just more low life opportunists putting the almighty buck in front of humanity.
    Before you start worshiping capitalism aloud there are limits to how low a maggot will crawl without being stepped on.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They're profiteering on meat like they are on bleach, hand cleaner, soaps, etc. Just more low life opportunists putting the almighty buck in front of humanity.
    Before you start worshiping capitalism aloud there are limits to how low a maggot will crawl without being stepped on.

Yep, I see speculators offer hamburger on eBay all the time...

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    My grandfather poached during the Great Depression (maybe we'll have to start numbering those like World Wars) to feed the family. He had a Savage .303 lever gun with a silencer.

You need to get really hungry before you start doing that though; benefits vs risks.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Live in a populated area and you can get ethic food at 2am !

On the downside during a real emergency you guys run out of everything first and have deal with more crazy people.

Top Bottom