Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 195 of 506 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 205 245 295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 5054

Thread: Coronavirus II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kdf101 View Post
    When we read about the tens of thousands of Covid-19 patients in NY and elsewhere, are they ALL hospitalized, or does that number include people riding it out at home with less severe or even mild symptoms?
    We don't know that unless they publish the numbers.
    The only numbers I know are...

Minnesota
    Total positive tests 503
    Cases requiring hospitalization 75
    Cases in hospital today 39
    Deaths 9
    Cases no longer requiring isolation 252

I sincerely hope New York has ratios like this which would mean many, many of their patients are isolated at home and not in hospitals. Of course I don't know that because I have not seen those numbers reported by them.

We have some very good health care in Minnesota but I would hope New York does too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nonobaddog View Post
    Yes, yes, all that is obvious. Minnesota had its first case on March 6, New York had its first case on March 1. So the outbreak has been going longer in New York.
    New York has 67 times as many cases.
    New York has 38 times as many deaths.
    New York has 0.0045 times as many survivors.
    I think the number of ďsurvivorsĒ not accurate. There are many anecdotal stories out there of survivors. I know plural of anecdotes is not data, but itís obvious that there are more than one.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    I think the number of ďsurvivorsĒ not accurate. There are many anecdotal stories out there of survivors. I know plural of anecdotes is not data, but itís obvious that there are more than one.
    Yes, they must not feel like reporting them correctly.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I donít have any data either, but I personally know three people who were diagnosed with it and stayed at home. They seem to have recovered now. I really hope that most of the cases go that way. I donít see how over 40k people could be hospitalized with it and the hospitals not collapse.

User Info Menu

If the ratios were about the same New York should have about 15,000 people that no longer require isolation. Some of these should be in good enough condition to provide very valuable services.
    However I don't think it is valid to assume the ratios should be about the same.
    The Minnesota numbers are too small and there are too many other factors involved to validly extrapolate to New York size numbers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nonobaddog View Post
    Yes, they must not feel like reporting them correctly.
    I donít know why the number is one. We have some conflicting information. The source that was provided said one recovered. Is that cumulative? Is that change since last update? There are many stories about survivors in NY. Either someone made all but one up, or the count does not represent the count of all the people who have recovered from this in NY.

One recovery is ridiculous. I suspect itís the latter.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson are out of quarantine in Australia and back in the US. Maybe this will allow everyone to take a deep breath and calm down for a few days.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/updat...-return-to-u-s
    Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong,
    seldom turns out the way it does in a song.
    Once in a while you get shown the light
    in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

User Info Menu

Comparison data: USA

2017/18 flu deaths = estimated 80,000

2020 Coronavirus deaths (as of 3/29/20)= 2363. 33,519 Total in the world.

User Info Menu

None of our officers who were infected required hospitalization I don't believe. Most are already on the mend.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

User Info Menu

Any of them chunky, or are they all in good physical condition?