Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 250 of 506 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 260 300 350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 5054

Thread: Coronavirus II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smokingman View Post
    At the site are links to the study. But here is a link and some of it quoted.We are not talking one in 1000 more like 600 out of 1000.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4918116/
    In a final published study of 31 previously healthy Army Medical Department officers who volunteered to take the drug experimentally at treatment doses [152], 77 % suffered some form of mental disturbances: 71 % complained of abnormal, anxious and disturbing and rarely terrifying dreams; 58 % developed sleep disturbances, with loss of up to half of normal sleep, prompting sedative use to treat insomnia in two-fifths of these, or 26 % of the total; 39 % went on to develop severe psychic disturbances, of which a quarter, of 10 % of the total, suffered frank psychoses with delusions, hallucinations, and profound changes in mood, including mania; 35 % complained of tension; 32 % complained of restlessness, and 29 % depression. During an earlier phase of the trial when the drug had been administered at lower prophylactic dose rates, 29 % had noted mild complaints, most significantly abnormal dreams and sleep disturbances, which were deemed “the most reliable warning sign” of the development of “more severe reactions”
    I think data, studies and trials are great. I also think indidivuals who gather data and interpret data are remarkable, to say the least. They are able to see things differently, in a very basic way, like an accountant. I further believe that with that amazing ability to see things and interpet things, as much as it is good, it can be very limiting. At times people become obsessed with the numbers and where it is taking them. What does our model say today, what about 6 months from now.....their entire being becomes the data model and they lose focus on the purpose because they are obsessed with the process. We are talking human beings here. They are not numbers, they are people. The data gathering and interpretation should be people driven. If something appears to work, even in a small percentage, grow that area of investigation. Continue the data gathering but not at the expense of a human life; it's not your place to determine that. Many drugs cause severe reactions. Family member recenty had 2 stents pout in and then placed on blood thinners. Had a reaction to the drug and was told the benefits outweigh the side effects! How true is that!

We cannot allow our hands to be tied and wait for the data collectors to fill their model till they feel comfortable before we can do "whatever we can" to save a life. The American way has been one of many reasons we fall behind other countries with the release of newer drugs. Our hands get tied because of data gathering. We need to learn to do both. I need you to relax your data driven drive and you need me to relax my people driven drive. In other words, there is absolutely NO REASON both can exist and supportive of each other. You gather the data and interpret the models while I give drugs, that may have side effects, to a dying person. In time, we can truly compliment each other.
    NRA - Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    In the category of nonsense headlines:

US death toll from COVID-19 eclipses China's official count

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/us...fPTpBz1stc-aHI

Technically true...but to give China's number any credence is irresponsible.

Sort of like when a dictatorship says they had an election. And 99 percent voted for the dictator.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast;
    for I intend to go in harm's way.
    John Paul Jones

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Just an FYI it is not just cruise ships. Here in Two Harbors we have a taconite ship in port with 130 on board(large raw iron form ship) with 3 positives on board. They are asking to disembark and stay in area hotels.

It is a bad idea considering the local hospital does not even have a ventilator,not one.The local population is only 1900 or so. 130 with who knows how many infected is a bad idea. They where already told no by Duluth as well.

Good solutions are tough to come by.
    130?
    That doesn't sound right for a crew.
    Merchant ships usually have small crews, to keep the costs down.
    I don't know the ship, but I'd have a hard time imagining a crew over 20. Maybe 30 tops.
    Unless they had families on board and were trying to move the families to a less inhabited area.

John Paul Jones

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

User Info Menu

Simply my opinion on a strict stay-at-home order, but the logistics are near impossible. Short of snatching up every person who is out without cause and putting them in a concentration camp, there are no teeth. Local PDs are starting to be hard hit with quarantines of LEOs, so I cannot believe they’d risk more exposures to enforce anything to any degree. The only arrests you’re seeing under the current orders are add-on charges to other crimes. We just have to hope people do the right thing.
    'Til that time I will remain, 'til the sinners lay down with the saints.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    We haven't even hit the halftime show and people are thinking the game is over? Now hunker down and watch the rest of the game or change the channel.

You're choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    As long as the CHEATER PATRIOTS are not playing it should be a good game.

Oh man, that's harsh. And right after the Brady hate crime of leaving on St. Patrick's Day. (Hopefully we get to see a season this year!)

Quote Originally Posted by ghuns View Post
    I heard they're banning liquor sales tomorrow.

Spoiler alert... They're not.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Bee View Post
    The country, state or Indy?
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Not verifying what I was told. Hope it was just a rumor.
    I hear there will be rumors of rumors and all kinds of weird rules coming out tomorrow. Hell. I'll bet some hit at midnite...
    Quick to judge,Quick to anger,Slow to understand Ignorance and prejudice And fear walk hand in hand

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    130?
    That doesn't sound right for a crew.
    Merchant ships usually have small crews, to keep the costs down.
    I don't know the ship, but I'd have a hard time imagining a crew over 20. Maybe 30 tops.
    Unless they had families on board and were trying to move the families to a less inhabited area.
    Edwin H. Gott Largest ore ship left on the great lakes. It is here,waiting for permission to let the crew off.

https://www.myshiptracking.com/vesse...70-imo-7606061 It arrived today.It is not at the dock,as they are not sure what to do with it.I may go down in the morning and take a picture of it,you can see it from the bay.
    Last edited by smokingman; 03-31-2020 at 21:24.

User Info Menu

If you're intellectually honest and advocate for a system that controls people, turn over the keys to your enemies for a dry run.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bee View Post
    All true. We applied for one of the loans yesterday. There is another dropping on Friday.
    Another loan or another SIP extension?

User Info Menu

Edwin H. Gott Largest ore ship left on the great lakes. It is here,waiting for permission to let the crew off.

https://www.myshiptracking.com/vesse...70-imo-7606061 It arrived today.It is not at the dock,as they are not sure what to do with it.I may go down in the morning and take a picture of it,you can see it from the bay.
    Which doesn't mention crew size.

John Paul Jones

User Info Menu

Prepare to hunker down the next couple of weeks.