Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 319 of 506 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 329 369 419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 5054

Thread: Coronavirus II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    I just read about nations that have done extensive testing have found that 46% of those testing positive for Wuhan virus have no symptoms at all, and 3% already had it before it was considered an outbreak. I'm starting to think this might be the biggest overreaction of human history. If we can test 5 million people showing and not showing symptoms this virus may not be any stronger than the common flu.
    No. Viruses are all different. The flu virus has a mortality of 0.1%. We are still learning but the SARS-CoV-2 virus has a mortality of 10 times that. Plus you can get vaccinated for the flu and have immunity to it if the vaccination is correct. You have no immunity to COVID-19 at all, nobody does.

This is a good simple video that explains it better.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nonobaddog View Post
    No. Viruses are all different. The flu virus has a mortality of 0.1%. We are still learning but the SARS-CoV-2 virus has a mortality of 10 times that. Plus you can get vaccinated for the flu and have immunity to it if the vaccination is correct. You have no immunity to COVID-19 at all, nobody does.

This is a good simple video that explains it better.

Without testing millions of people we really do not know the death rate or who has it or not. I had a sinus infection and they tested me for the flu. If they tested everyone like that for Wuhan virus I bet millions have it here in the United States and does not affect them at all. Until we have tested millions of people we wont know the actual percentages. It's all guess work right now.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
    the problem with the mask suggestion, they donít want normal people wearing n95ís or surgical because the medical community needs them. That leaves masks that donít protect people because they donít filter out the virus according to a chart a medic friend posted (if true).So wearing a mask that isnít an n95 or surgical does no good potentially. Meaning it is just a feel good suggestion. If they dint protect you, I wonít be wearing One. Sounds like cloth masks and the like are more fashion statements/false security feelings.

i should add medical professionals in hospitals are being told to use their n95ís for a whole week and a surgical for a whole day.

They protect you indirectly, by trapping close to 100% of the virus-laden microdroplets that infected people spew when talking and probably breathing. They will not directly protect you from virus scale particles it's true, but drastically decreasing the number of these sorts of particles in shared environments (like the grocery store) is absolutely the way to go. If your wife can sew they are easy to make, with numerous videos available online using stretch hair ties for ear elastic and t-shirt or old sheets or other common fabrics. Although we believe we are not infected, we still think wearing a mask at the grocery store will have a large effect on our odds of getting exposed. They also function as a good reminder not to touch your face. Washing your hands also doesn't protect you absolutely from infection, but you still do it, no? Sensible precaution is to cut down the odds of exposure wherever you can
    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

User Info Menu

Right. I can't believe this mask issue is even a thing.

The virus is an airborne risk. Filtering the air you breathe can remove some of the risk. Filtering is good. Period.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jsharmon7 View Post
    As far as Indiana is concerned, 116 flu deaths compared to 102 Wuhan deaths. So we havenít passed it yet, but probably by today.

https://cbs4indy.com/news/how-covid-...hs-in-indiana/
    As of this morning we are at 116 china-virus deaths too. So now tied.
    The state's site is slow to update their numbers.
    "Words are even more feeble on this Memorial Day, for the sight before us is that of a strong and good nation that stands in silence and remembers those who were loved and who, in return, loved their countrymen enough to die for them."
    - Ronald Reagan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nra4ever View Post
    sorry. I didnít notice your location. Also try the appliance stores for scratch and dent. They are new with warranty but will knock off quite a bit. Either way an extra freezer at this time is a great idea plus a food dehydrator for sanitizing you n95 masks
    Have a dehydrator also. This freezer unit will be nice since it also converts to a fridge. Our fridge is 12 yrs old, so down the line when (if) we don't need the extra freezer, it can be a backup fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by 04FXSTS View Post
    If God created anything better than dogs and S&W revolvers he kept it for his self.

User Info Menu

I have not been keeping up with this thread because of my work schedule. My apologies if this was already posted.

I had wondered about the condition of the ventilators in the national stockpile. This article answers that question. I find it amusing that this story was published by a news organization that obviously thinks big government is the answer to every problem.

https://apnews.com/f43781b64bacd6aa094d9404f4ab91a4
    Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nonobaddog View Post
    This isn't like you. I know how to search. Instead of getting so snarky with me, maybe you should back off and admit you were the one that read it wrong and posted it wrong.
    I'm not holding my breath. Have a nice day.
    Oh, I will absolutely admit that it was late when I translated what was on my mind to a post, I conflated (for Alpo) two sets of numbers in my mind. I will not go into personal particulars, but as you may imagine I have a lot on my mind. The snark was quite undeserved. Treating you like a slow child was mostly a product of exasperation

Now I will await your realization that the thrust of my post was correct, there was a decided mismatch between smoke's post and the manufacturer's recommendation and the possibility that too strong a titration could actually damage materials in the mask. Was I somehow wrong that the strength of cleaning solution was too strong? Does it matter to the outcome if I had that precisely correct, especially since I was seeking clarification from someone I consider somewhat of an authority/librarian of such information? It's not about you
    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

User Info Menu

Makes me wonder if its a testing problem more than anything. False Positives etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    Nothing about showing negative they all tested positive but had no symptoms. 46% of those tested had the Wuhan virus but show no symptoms, and got over it without symptoms.
    Orthodox Christian | NRA | GOA | MGNOC | ARRL Member | Purdue Alumnus

User Info Menu

If it does get suppressed, then the web will be filled with "it wasn't near as bad as they said" articles

You can't win in the war of (dis)information.

Quote Originally Posted by jsharmon7 View Post
    I believe weíve already surpassed seasonal flu deaths in only a month or so of this, so I have to disagree with that portion. As far as being an overreaction, I think time will tell how this was handled.

Does anyone have any direct knowledge of things on the ground floor of Indy hospitals? I know several people but Iím getting mixed stories of the number of patients who need hospitalization as a direct result of the virus.

Orthodox Christian | NRA | GOA | MGNOC | ARRL Member | Purdue Alumnus