Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 363 of 506 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 373 413 463 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 5054

Thread: Coronavirus II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    I'm not sure anyone was going all tiki-teotwawki - at least not among those I interact with (including on here).

This isn't a mutually exclusive thing. The flu (and related pneumonia) can be bad, without being a pandemic. Especially with a novel virus like this, that no one has antibodies too (at least not at the beginning), any comparison to the flu is kinda irrelevant.
    Maybe. IANAD, but flu deaths from pneumonia and covid deaths from pneumonia differ...how? Sure, we don't have antibodies...and in many cases we don't have flu vaccines that are effective against current flu strains. Seems to me, ARDS is ARDS. Different vectors, similar results.

Chart pneumonia deaths for the last 5 years. How does the 2019-2020 season compare so far?
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    They actually tweeted this, then deleted and apologized

He's had a lot of practice
    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chipbennett View Post
    Restaurants are, in fact, essential. Why? Because of supply chain. As a country, our food consumption is distributed approximately 50:50 between grocery stores and restaurants. There is simply no way that the grocery supply chain could handle a doubling of supply for any length of time.
    I said, arguably. I think a case could be made that a lot of other businesses that are closed now are way more essential than many of the ones that are open now. So yeah. A case could be made for either.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    From my vantage point, it means watching the numbers to confirm we are flattening the curve.

Depending on what criteria you use, the flattening started around 3/23 or 4/3 or hasn't really started yet. If the next couple days worth of daily deaths are in the 1.2k range, then I'm willing to say that we've crossed from exponential growth to linear. That'd be good. It means that the wildfire still burns thousands of acres, but we have it mostly contained.

If we get through the next week with steady, or ideally decreasing numbers, then we can talk about when things can re-open, especially at a local level. Of course, I'd like to see a current discussion of those criteria. That's something you and I both agree on.
    world deaths are on a decreasing slope last three days. Deaths are going to lag new cases by about a week. April 3 we had 103k new cases world wide. Then 84k. then 71k yesterday. I am hopeful we have seen the peak in overall cases. We are certainly way past exponential growth.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    I would imagine that somewhere in that decision making process is the fear of law suits.
    sadly I'm sure you're correct. Better to go bankrupt and everyone lose their jobs than open back up when someone still has the disease in your state

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nonobaddog View Post
    I wonder what would happen if the world suddenly discovered that china had a vaccine all along and "the party" leaders were all vaccinated.
    We would need to wear different masks because of the nuclear fallout. Well, you guys would. I've got mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    NY deaths are down. indiana new cases are down. world new cases flattening out.

what are criteria to re-open?

we supposedly did all this to "flatten the curve". now that we have, are we going to start opening again? or has it changed to "we have to stop anyone from catching it"
    Where have numbers of new cases or hospitalizations flattened? Indiana had 536 new cases yesterday,the highest ever. https://coronavirus.in.gov/
    As far as deaths yes Sunday had less reported deaths than Saturday,but a single 24 hour period is almost meaningless(not to mention current deaths where infected 6-14 days ago on average).

What would you have us do honestly?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    world deaths are on a decreasing slope last three days
    Is that excluding all phony numbers from china?

User Info Menu

We're supposed to peak April 16th. IMO we haven't seen **** yet
    Still the youngest INGO'r? Definitely the least stinkiest...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smokingman View Post
    Where have numbers of new cases or hospitalizations flattened?
    As far as deaths yes Sunday had less reported deaths than Saturday,but a single 24 hour period is almost meaningless(not to mention current deaths where infected 6-14 days ago on average).

What would you have us do honestly?
    Put mayors and governors in charge of when to re-open. A drive through car wash was shut down. That is stupid. Make judgement calls locally. Ask the city what they want to do. If there are like four cases in their county, do they want their county shut down?

april 1: 77k
    April 2 80k
    April 3 101k
    April 4 84k
    April 5 71k

You have to go back to March 30th to find a day with fewer new cases than yesterday. Is that because it was Sunday? Maybe. But we are past exponential growth. And frankly it seems entirely flat world wide. MOST of the US does not have this virus. That is what is so striking. 26 states have under 2000 cases. 45 Indiana counties have 10 or fewer cases.

Open them up, shut down marion and surrounding counties, chicago, Louisville, evansville.

Ft Wayne has 75 cases. Seventy Five.