Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 364 of 506 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 374 414 464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 5054

Thread: Coronavirus II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smokingman View Post
    Where have numbers of new cases or hospitalizations flattened? Indiana had 536 new cases yesterday,the highest ever. https://coronavirus.in.gov/
    As far as deaths yes Sunday had less reported deaths than Saturday,but a single 24 hour period is almost meaningless(not to mention current deaths where infected 6-14 days ago on average).

What would you have us do honestly?
    Sunday numbers are slow to come in sometimes because... Sunday.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    Put mayors and governors in charge of when to re-open. A drive through car was was shut down. That is stupid. Make judgement calls locally. Ask the city what they want to do. If there are like four cases in their county, do they want their county shut down?

april 1: 77k
    April 2 80k
    April 3 101k
    April 4 84k
    April 5 71k

You have to go back to March 30th to find a day with fewer new cases than yesterday. Is that because it was Sunday? Maybe. But we are past exponential growth. And frankly it seems entirely flat world wide. MOST of the US does not have this virus. That is what is so striking. 26 states have under 2000 cases.
    Indiana had 536 new confirmed cases 4/5/2020,the highest number of new cases so far for the state.
    Governors are in charge,5 states still have no stay at home orders.
    Florida has mayors that are for sure not following the governor and keeping beaches open.

The CDC,White House ect are only offering suggestions,and mention that daily. It all falls to governors.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Is that the only demand? Not familiar with that particular situation, but a number of these things seem modeled on Pelosi's coronavirus proposals. They start out with some language addressing worries about coronavirus infection and then present a laundry list of unrelated demands for more pay, paid sick leave, health insurance for part time workers yada yada
    I think they basically don't want to go back to work.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...rk/2933698001/
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    Put mayors and governors in charge of when to re-open. A drive through car wash was shut down. That is stupid. Make judgement calls locally. Ask the city what they want to do. If there are like four cases in their county, do they want their county shut down?

april 1: 77k
    April 2 80k
    April 3 101k
    April 4 84k
    April 5 71k

You have to go back to March 30th to find a day with fewer new cases than yesterday. Is that because it was Sunday? Maybe. But we are past exponential growth. And frankly it seems entirely flat world wide. MOST of the US does not have this virus. That is what is so striking. 26 states have under 2000 cases. 45 Indiana counties have 10 or fewer cases.

Open them up, shut down marion and surrounding counties, chicago, Louisville, evansville.

Ft Wayne has 75 cases. Seventy Five.
    10 days ago only 6 counties in Indiana had any cases.
    Just thought I would point that out.
    Governors run shutdowns,no one else(some mayors choose to not follow those orders).

Plinker

User Info Menu

I will go with the doctor on this one. Let local officials decide. We have less than ten cases, as of yesterday, in my county. I think we are still in for a rough ride, but we can quit hyperventilating now.

User Info Menu

10 days ago only 6 counties in Indiana had any cases.
    Just thought I would point that out.
    Governors run shutdowns,no one else(some mayors choose to not follow those orders).
    I have no idea where you get your assertions, but when data is available so easily, you should be more careful.

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 5.34.15 PM.jpg
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

User Info Menu

So how will health officials classify this guy's death? Will he be lumped in among those who died from Coronavirus?

‘Gomer Pyle’ actor Forrest Compton dead at 94 from coronavirus complications: reports

I mean, he was 94. A heavy rain probably could have killed him. While sad, I can't help but wonder if including deaths like this in the overall fatality count do more to gin up fear than anything else.
    Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong,
    seldom turns out the way it does in a song.
    Once in a while you get shown the light
    in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GodFearinGunTotin View Post
    I think it largely depends on if you’ve lost a job yet or not.
    As seemingly simple as this sounds, I think this really does have a lot to do with an individual's attitude.

Along with age and vulnerability (and in my case a severe dislike for vent tubes, they suck badly).

User Info Menu

Where have numbers of new cases or hospitalizations flattened? Indiana had 536 new cases yesterday,the highest ever. https://coronavirus.in.gov/
    As far as deaths yes Sunday had less reported deaths than Saturday,but a single 24 hour period is almost meaningless(not to mention current deaths where infected 6-14 days ago on average).

What would you have us do honestly?
    Indiana had 536 new confirmed cases 4/5/2020,the highest number of new cases so far for the state.
    Governors are in charge,5 states still have no stay at home orders.
    Florida has mayors that are for sure not following the governor and keeping beaches open.

The CDC,White House ect are only offering suggestions,and mention that daily. It all falls to governors.
    our last few days, moving backwards. That's not logarithmic. we have no exponential growth. Curve is flattening. Also, look outside of Indy and Chicago area. This is a non-entity.

our number of ventilated patients is decreasing.
    Last edited by hoosierdoc; 04-06-2020 at 16:56.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

User Info Menu

Or all the organic fresh vegetable eater demand is way down