• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    OK, not joking here. Did anyone see a string of about twenty lights in the sky last night sometime around 9pm? They were moving from NNW to ESE and were equally spaced apart. I checked online for satellites and with Flightradar24 for airplanes and I found nothing . They seemed really high up for airplanes and I did not see any red blinking lights. Could it have been a military flight mission related to the covid-19 crisis? If It had been DHL or FEDEX it would have shown up on Flightradar24. I am puzzled.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've witnessed a very similar pattern with only 2 crafts - but there may have been more that weren't apparent.

This was about 3 weeks ago. 10 AM. Mid morning sun would reflect off of them and then the reflection wouldn't be visible. They were sort of coming from the WNW heading ESE. I'm guessing they were less than a few degrees apart if I were to consider the opposing horizons 180°.

Lol Who knows why I'm always looking up - but yeah, lots of things like that are going on up there with x37b's and x37c's and others we've not been informed of. Could be very high uav's or piloted aircrafts. I dunno.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Military flights would be on flight trackers, they file flight plans and squawk modes and codes just like everybody else in the National Airspace System; it keeps folks from running into each other that way.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    iu

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Spacex just launched another batch of 60 of their Internet satellites several days ago. They follow each other in a line on orbit for a while until they drift apart into higher orbits where they become harder to see. That’s undoubtedly what you were looking at.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Spacex just launched another batch of 60 of their Internet satellites several days ago. They follow each other in a line on orbit for a while until they drift apart into higher orbits where they become harder to see. That’s undoubtedly what you were looking at.

That's what they want you to believe.

:shady:

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    SpaceX most likely in this case. Several reports of them visible on clear nights. I believe the direction of flight would also be correct.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Saw a similar thing about two weeks ago, maybe three as I have lost count now that going out is frowned upon. Was a sight that I will remember forever as it was strange to see more than 20 objects pretty equally spaced in a line moving from the SSW to the NNE.

Edit to add: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starlink

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I saw them tonight. Probably 50 in a line traveling from northwest to southeast. I was outside with the wife and we saw them. I have never seen or heard of anything like it and it gave us chills as we looked up being both curious and mesmerized.

B1uBs5s.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I saw them tonight. Probably 50 in a line traveling from northwest to southeast. I was outside with the wife and we saw them. I have never seen or heard of anything like it and it gave us chills as we looked up being both curious and mesmerized.

B1uBs5s.jpg

This is a string of satellites launched that are now all separated into there respective orbits.
    There was an article with this pic describing this.

Or area 51 is up to it again....:):

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    This is a string of satellites launched that are now all separated into there respective orbits.
    There was an article with this pic describing this.

Or area 51 is up to it again....:):

Yeah I had no idea. When I initially noticed them I thought the invasion had started and it was a line of tracers. Instead of grabbing the boogaloo kit I decided to check google first. This was the first time I learned about the Starlink satellites being visible like that.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

B1uBs5s.jpg

All is okay unless they are incoming to your position.

Top Bottom