• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Runt1122

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Fulton County
    These are two state parks my family and I have never been to, but want to try. If you had to pick one to visit for a day which would you choose for the hiking trails and cool view/experience factor? FWIW, we have been to Turkey Run a couple of times and love it. Stopped by Shades for a short hike, but it was after Turkey Run and we were pooped by then so we did not get the “full” effect.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Clifty. I like the hiking there and when we camp, it's usually multiple campers and they seem to have more open areas to use as common ground. Just my opinion and I've only been at McCormick's Creek once.

Tim

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Clifty is great at all times except holidays, then it is way too packed, and you are better off with MCSP.

Last time me the the woman were at Clifty, some meth heads snuck in and set up their little dope session at the campsite next to us at 2am. We called the Conservation officers there twice, took him way too long to get there. He chased them off. 30 minutes later the came back and were driving off the road. We got out of there and went to the inn. Asked them to call the police. They gave us a free room for the night.

All and all, we will never ever go back to Clifty falls over a holiday weekend again. But if you go during the week, the place is damn near empty and very quiet. Has some really fantastic hikes there. Make sure to do leg exercises starting 2 or 3 weeks before you go, there are some massive elevation changes.

All and all

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The waterfall at McCormick's Creek is a favorite place we take our kids to cool off in the heat of summer. They like to wade around, catch crawdads, and sit under the falls. They've got a nice Inn there, too.

Another one of my favorite parks is Spring Mill. They have a pretty neat pioneer village with a pretty little creek running through it. It also has one of the nicest inns of all the state parks.

Top Bottom