• ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just received an invite from the .gov to go back to duty if I had been in the medical field AND was still certified. Doesn't apply to me as I was a Grunt for over 20 years. We broke 'em, they fixed 'em:):. Anybody else get one?

Bob

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They'd probably be pretty desperate before they call up Reactor Operators that are 30 years past their "best if used by" date.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Bet my nephew got one.
    He did 2 tours in Iraq as a combat medic.

I seriously doubt he will accept the offer.
    Too many kids now, and he has a pretty cushy civil-service job. Pays well and great benefits.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I haven't seen anything since I passed my service commitment date in 2016.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I can still drive trucks.
    I've posted about this before, it is relevant to all the military retirees out there. There may be a lot of things that have passed us by, but driving trucks, driving fork lifts, working in a warehouse, we can do that. That new computer system may not look familiar, but trucks and fork lifts ain't changed! We can still do that kind of work and if things get bad enough? That's what we'll be doing.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I also got the message, which was focused on a handful of medical MOS's. However, they did encourage others who were interested to contact Human Resources Command, so they could gauge interest. Thinking that a Field Artillery MOS isn't all that valuable since you don't generally kill germs with 155's, I'm waiting for a bit to sign up. :):

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I also got the message, which was focused on a handful of medical MOS's. However, they did encourage others who were interested to contact Human Resources Command, so they could gauge interest. Thinking that a Field Artillery MOS isn't all that valuable since you don't generally kill germs with 155's, I'm waiting for a bit to sign up. :):
    I’d gladly go back, turns out I need the job. Old, slightly overweight, MP, Nah, I need to run for Sheriff, or Town Marshal.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    1. I’m Air Force, and

2. I was a comm-computer officer with acquisition qualifications. ;)

In other news:

9000 retired Army medical personnel respond to Army’s call

Looks like they would backfill medical personnel deployed to fight the coronavirus.

Why did I think you were a Medical type? Stationed at Brooks maybe? Oh well, they start sending letters to retired Comm Officers and Manpower and Organization Analysts things are going REALLY BAD.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Why did I think you were a Medical type? Stationed at Brooks maybe? Oh well, they start sending letters to retired Comm Officers and Manpower and Organization Analysts things are going REALLY BAD.

Yes I was stationed at Brooks with a medical unit as chief of information systems. I was the only line officer in the unit. :) I also trained as an EMT, but that came after retirement.

Top Bottom